Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My First Edition had a recall that meant the granny charger got a protective rubber cover which I found very useful in protecting it from damage. I wondered if anyone who recently got a brand New eNiro got this protective cover on their Granny charger?

By comparing the two plastic boxes on the granny chargers they don't look any different.

The reason I am asking is that I have just picked up my shiny new 4+ Yacht Blue and it did not have the cover on the granny lead. When I asked they checked and said there were no recall's listed against the new car. But then again they also assure me it had the latest software which it does not:rolleyes:

·
Registered
Kia Eniro 4+
331 Posts
My First Edition had a recall that meant the granny charger got a protective rubber cover which I found very useful in protecting it from damage. I wondered if anyone who recently got a brand New eNiro got this protective cover on their Granny charger?

By comparing the two plastic boxes on the granny chargers they don't look any different.

The reason I am asking is that I have just picked up my shiny new 4+ Yacht Blue and it did not have the cover on the granny lead. When I asked they checked and said there were no recall's listed against the new car. But then again they also assure me it had the latest software which it does not:rolleyes:
No rubber cover on granny charger here, car 4+ picked up end October.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
909 Posts
Before my 2020 '4'’ was even ordered, I said to the sales guy that I would like them to get me a rubber cover for it as a part of the deal (I had seen the cover on a YouTube vid). I sent him a screen grab image from the vid. He said he’d not heard of it but would try. I pestered him on delivery day (22/September) and several times afterwards. I said I didn’t mind if I even had to pay for it. I got fed up of pestering and nothing happened thereafter. Ha, you should have retained the cover from your FE! I think they are made out of unobtainium material. I would still like to get one, but it looks very doubtful now. I have a permanent ebay search and notification set up but nothing appeared yet.

It seems it was only issued on a recall to some earlier FE cars, as though the later ones somehow don’t need the extra protection. I don’t know precisely why or what the difference is on later granny charger units. Like you said, externally they look the same. If you find a way to get hold of one, please do let us know. There is a thread about it HERE from 4 months back.
Peter

1 - 3 of 3 Posts