Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've just ordered a Land Rover Range Rover Evoque p300e phev through work.

Could anyone recommend a 10m granny lead? I'm not sure of the length of the one that will come with the car but I don't think it will be sufficient.

Many thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks and it's a good price too. It's currently out of stock but i imagine I've got a few months until the car turns up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you test drive it? What is it like to drive?
No I've not had a test drive, I've just taken a gamble on it. Land Rover have had to retest emmisons so I think it's delayed the release.

I had a test Volvo XC60 recharge which was a nice drive, very powerful. The prestige of land rover won though.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Third Rock Energy have advertised on here. They have 10m granny, type 2 for £200. They supply most EV cable needs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as I'm aware Jaguar land rover charge for cables but I'm getting a public cable via the lease company

·
Registered
8 Posts
Many thanks and it's a good price too. It's currently out of stock but i imagine I've got a few months until the car turns up
I've just bought the same lead from Argos (more expensive than Screwfix sadly). It seems good quality, comes with an inbuilt display showing volts/amps and total kwh drawn while charging too.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
evconnectors.com may only do 8m max now, but their charger is good. The 13A plug version can be set to 6,8,10,13,16A ! They do a commando-socket version which is where the 16A is safe to use, they now have their own custom male<->female plug&socket inline in the 13A end so you can swap whatever connector you want. But note that mine lasted 5 years then blew up big-time internally; I'd been using 13A a bit, should have been safe forever, but these things have zero ventilation, so the pcbs get quite a lot of thermal stressing they will wear out. Prob a good idea to get these opened up after 3 years heavy use, and get all the heavy-duty solder joints resoldered to prevent metal fatigue. On mine the relay inside acting as Contactor wore out after 4 years, but I was able to unsolder that & put a new one in for that final year of its life!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts