Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after getting the BMS recall done this week I got another email from my dealer - they couldn't tell me what it was about until I'd booked it in.
Turns out it was the condom-on-the-granny-charger one.
I said I'm not coming in for that, just put it in the post and if you like I'll send you a picture/

Their reply "I'm afraid we can't do that as Hyundai UK wont allow us to do it. They require a qualified technician to fit it on as well as send pictures direct to them.Apologies for any inconveniences."

Muppets.
Told them to cancel and do it on the next service

·
Registered
859 Posts
So after getting the BMS recall done this week I got another email from my dealer - they couldn't tell me what it was about until I'd booked it in.
Turns out it was the condom-on-the-granny-charger one.
I said I'm not coming in for that, just put it in the post and if you like I'll send you a picture/

Their reply "I'm afraid we can't do that as Hyundai UK wont allow us to do it. They require a qualified technician to fit it on as well as send pictures direct to them.Apologies for any inconveniences."

Muppets.
Told them to cancel and do it on the next service
Absolutely not true. When i took mine in for the BMS update the granny cable was not in the car so they just gave the boot to me to fit. No request for photo or any other confirmation.

·
Registered
Kona PremSe64k 2020+bluelink +ohme
538 Posts
Mine has just been in for its recall - not a mention of the granny cable update! I've never used it so and not particularly interested.

The two updates they did were
01d076 EMS Logic Upgrade
and
00d093 EV Charging Performae

When I got into the car I went into setup and found a new option "check status" or something like that in the Bluelink section. Clicked it and it whirred for a minute and said "no problems to report".

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Absolutely not true. When i took mine in for the BMS update the granny cable was not in the car so they just gave the boot to me to fit. No request for photo or any other confirmation.
I took my cable in for them to do and went elsewhere in the car for a couple of hours. But when they called to say it was ready they insisted they needed the car for a few minutes to take pictures to prove to Hyundai that it was done. So some dealers have got the impression it is a thing.

If it turns out they only get paid if they can prove it you might yet get a call asking you to bring it in ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts