Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sure I read somewhere about the granny charger getting a protective cover, but I can’t find the reference to it. I ordered yesterday but the dealer guy hadn’t heard of it. I want to send him a pic of the cover to convince him it exists so he can hopefully get one for me too. I intend using the granny lead at least for a while, so added protection for it would be beneficial.

Could someone please post a pic if they have the said protective cover? Maybe the car will come with it as standard anyway?

In all the excitement yesterday, I forgot to try negotiate mudflaps in the deal. Too late now as I’ve signed up, I expect I’ll have to pay for them. Anybody know how much they charge for supplying and fitting on delivery?

Thanks
Peter

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,597 Posts
There is a video on YouTube. Look for Andrew Till or Mr. EV. It is from about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I believe the rubber case related to some "safety issue" with the early First Edition supplied granny chargers

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a video on YouTube. Look for Andrew Till or Mr. EV. It is from about 2 weeks ago.
Thanks for that. I’ve grabbed some screenshots and a link. I’ll send to my stealership to see if they can get me one. He hadn’t heard of it when I mentioned it at purchase signup time. I knew I’d seen it somewhere.

Peter

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe the rubber case related to some "safety issue" with the early First Edition supplied granny chargers
Aha, I see. I didn’t know the FE and 4 had any differences in the granny lead EVSE. Anyway, I’m still going to ask stealership to try get me one. It seems like a good thing to protect it. Especially as I intend to use it a lot.

Peter

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,597 Posts
Even after specifically asking for it, the dealership that delivered my Kia Soul FE, refused to fit a cover as not applicable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received an official recall from the dealership to have the rubber protector fitted on the granny charger. My car was delivered in April 2019 and was one of the first batches. Only a specific set of cars were recalled so I guess it was an early design fault. A weakly designed case?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmmm. I have asked but have a feeling I won’t get it for my forthcoming 2020 '4'.
If anyone has the cover but doesn’t intend to use it, I’d happily buy it and pay the postage cost. Please PM me if so. Thanks.

Peter

·
Registered
186 Posts
I went to Mr. EV's site, watched about 6 videos, but failed to find the one showing the cover... I saw the one where he goes thrrough the items in the trunk, no cover on the charger.

Can you post the link of the correct video?

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,597 Posts
I went to Mr. EV's site, watched about 6 videos, but failed to find the one showing the cover... I saw the one where he goes thrrough the items in the trunk, no cover on the charger.

Can you post the link of the correct video?

I think it should start around the time, but if it doesn't you will find it around 6:33 timestamp.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,597 Posts
Thanks, would be nice to get one, since it gets banged around, his sure was scratched up... wonder if there is a part number.
I did request one for my Soul and the dealership said they have never seen one... Who do you believe a random guy on the internet or the "stealership"... :eek:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Similar response from my dealer who says that for the e-Niro 4 there is no such recall and therefore they don't do this. They "presume" that this is a new / different unit

·
Registered
401 Posts
Does anyone have access to the Kia 'Service Action' sheet that originally mentioned this? I understand it gives a range of VIN that are affected and get the rubber cover.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m sure I read somewhere about the granny charger getting a protective cover, but I can’t find the reference to it. I ordered yesterday but the dealer guy hadn’t heard of it. I want to send him a pic of the cover to convince him it exists so he can hopefully get one for me too. I intend using the granny lead at least for a while, so added protection for it would be beneficial.

Could someone please post a pic if they have the said protective cover? Maybe the car will come with it as standard anyway?

In all the excitement yesterday, I forgot to try negotiate mudflaps in the deal. Too late now as I’ve signed up, I expect I’ll have to pay for them. Anybody know how much they charge for supplying and fitting on delivery?

Thanks
Peter

Thanks
Peter
I have seen a picture of this rubber protector unfortunately can not remember the web site.
it said to a Kia owner who was booked in for a service to make sure the charger was in the car to provide the cover. I assume all new orders will have this already attached.
regards
Jeff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts