Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just had a service on my i3 and the granny charger will not charge the car, but was charging the day before via this method.
l went to Tesco and charged on a fast charge Pod-Point. This would seem to indicate a problem with the charger and not the car.
Anyone had similar issues before l girl out £180 for a new one.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Is this one of the new chargers? I've still not responded to the recall on the old chargers to get a new one with a plug better suited to outdoor sockets but will do so after lockdown. If you've not done it yet, could you not get a new one via the recall? If it is a new one then its not lasted long and should be replaced under warranty I'd have thought??

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Is this one of the new chargers? I've still not responded to the recall on the old chargers to get a new one with a plug better suited to outdoor sockets but will do so after lockdown. If you've not done it yet, could you not get a new one via the recall? If it is a new one then its not lasted long and should be replaced under warranty I'd have thought??
Is this why my I3 came with 2 granny chargers? an old one and a brand new one in a bag

·
Registered
884 Posts
When you take it to the dealer they will substitute the old granny with a complete new unit so you shouldn’t really still have the old one. There is a safety issue if the plug is not fully inserted into the socket and the oversized plug was a problem with shrouded sockets as used outdoors and elsewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.