Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I see from Zap-Map that there are two rapid chargers in Great Cambourne, near Cambridge. We're going on a trip from Colchester to Northampton on Saturday so these could be quite useful. (Not essential, as apparently we'll be going shopping in Cambridge on the way so we can get charged up at the park and ride).

Anyway, Zap-Map says these rapids are Plugged in Midlands chargers, but they're not on the Plugged in Midlands map. A bit more research shows they are 2 of the 14 Cross Link chargers and therefore are Chargemaster.

So, is it simply that Zap-Map is wrong? Does anyone know if I'll be able to charge there with my Source East card (Source East and Plugged in Midlands have a roaming agreement) and if so how much they cost?

Thanks.

Edit: I've posted this in the wrong Forum haven't I? Paul could you move it please?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I went to check them last week, the belfry one was not powered up and the one at BMW was iced.

I am only a few miles away will check tomorrow and report back

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to check them last week, the belfry one was not powered up and the one at BMW was iced.

I am only a few miles away will check tomorrow and report back
Thanks, please don't go out of your way to do this. It would be nice to know but I didn't intend to put anyone to a lot of trouble.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I went to have a look at lunch time and spoke to the SSE engineers who were working on it - apparently it had been fitted with the wrong fuse and would not have worked if anyone had tried to use it.
I called Plugged in Midlands today and they said that they were part of their network, but the person I spoke to didn't sound particularly sure of themselves.
I also spoke to hotel reception who initially said they were for guests only, but when I queried that he admitted he didn't really know and gave me the operations manager's email.
I'll try and get some more info and report back!

·
Registered
5 Posts
SSE engineer said that his work would be complete today, but didn't know whether the system was actually commissioned and working - he was just there to upgrade the fuse. Sounds like there was a good chance it would be working. I work in the business park so might have a look on the way home, although not sure if I have a card that would activate it. Should at least be able to see if its on!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tested the charger after work last night and it started charging without even asking me to swipe anything - I wonder if there is still some setup to do on it to include it in someone's network...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Life got in the way, plans changed and in the end we never got to try the charger out. But anyway thanks everyone for the info and testing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts