1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
581 Posts
I really dislike that website, if you browse it enough it gives you the impression that petrol and diesels are as green as electric cars. Rubbish

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Had close up experience of a so-called "green" car company a while back. Someone very high up mocked our electric car and made a point of saying how he preferred the sound of a V12 blah blah blah... just run by dinosaurs looking to profit from the "green" label. Seems not uncommon.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Gah! Comments are moderated on that article.......

How can you have a 'green car' shortlist without a single EV? That's just taking the p&&&.

It's complete and utter sloblock*.

*a bit of Fry and Laurie reference.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At least they retweeted my tweet: "how can diesels even be in the line up?"

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did prefer my tweet to @Ecarsreport though: 'green' and 'diesel'. Two words shouldn't be in same sentence without the word 'not'. Marketing hype!

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Seems to me that offering awards to green cars puts Nissan at a distinct disadvantage with the LEAF.

They do not offer (at least in the UK anyway) the LEAF in green.

Maybe they should get their marketing act together.

I had a Jag a few years ago that was described by Jaguar as Kingfisher Blue although the V5 noted the colour as being green.

Could this car then be eligible for an award as a green car ?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
But they do have green diesel in Ireland.

Whereas in the UK we add red dye to diesel so that it cannot be used as road fuel, and the railway companies add yellow dye to their diesel to stop pilfering for use in road vehicles, I am led to believe that in Ireland rebated diesel has a green dye added.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I really am getting cynical in my old age. Just look at the finalists of these awards. 2 are diesels FFS.
TheGreenCarWebsite.co.uk
What gives?
Showing their true colours at last I guess!

"TheGreenCarWebsite.co.uk was set-up in June 2007 and quickly became a leading source of information on all things related to electric, hybrid and low-emitting cars.
However come late 2014, parent company Really Good Domains made the decision to consolidate the business’s strengths by incorporating the finer aspects of TheGreenCarWebsite into the company’s flagship website ContractHireAndLeasing.com. TheGreenCarWebsite.co.uk, as a standalone website, will eventually be deactivated."

·
Registered
916 Posts
Showing their true colours at last I guess!

"TheGreenCarWebsite.co.uk was set-up in June 2007 and quickly became a leading source of information on all things related to electric, hybrid and low-emitting cars.
However come late 2014, parent company Really Good Domains made the decision to consolidate the business’s strengths by incorporating the finer aspects of TheGreenCarWebsite into the company’s flagship website ContractHireAndLeasing.com. TheGreenCarWebsite.co.uk, as a standalone website, will eventually be deactivated."
That explains me following the link to be presented with 20 "green" lease deals without an EV or hybrid in the list..
Took a wander round the "news" section to read the story of the Blind person hit twice by the same hybrid car (The driver since sold the car out of Shame,apparently) and the one about 237 blind people injured by hybrids between 2010 and 2013..(how many of the cars were on the road back then?!) Do we have stats as to how many blind people were hit by ICE cars in that period? And the Sunderland MP calling for more noise from EV's..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts