Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it might be prudent to start a thread just on this scheme.
Initial details on announcement is here

The Green Homes Grants will give homeowners, including owner occupiers and social/private landlords, vouchers to install one or more of the following:
  • solid wall, under-floor, cavity wall or roof insulation
  • air source or ground source heat pump
  • solar thermal
In addition, households can use their voucher for further energy saving measures. These include one or more of the following:
  • double or triple glazing/secondary glazing, when replacing single glazing
  • upgrading to energy efficient doors
  • hot water tank/appliance tank thermostats/heating controls

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So it covers up to 2/3rd with a max grant of £5000 (or 100% for low income households with max grant of £10,000)
Interestingly doesn't include Solar PV.

Are we going to see suppliers increase their prices?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sad that it's "England only".
Hey hey, not sure what part of UK you're in but Scotland has had additional grant for some time.

On a separate note, waiting to see details of how this implemented and what the eligibility criteria is but a ~£12k ASHP system installed for ~£7k plus RHI would make this a sweet deal

·
Registered
61 Posts
I notice heat pumps are included, i wonder if I'll be able to get this. Have got the cylinder installed but the heat pump itself is yet to go in so might be able to wangle it somehow. would be great to get that and the RHI, might make it more manageable!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Look at Sunamp as well as conventional water cylinders.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Turns out the £5k voucher is deductible from the RHI.
I have always said an upfront grant would be more preferable to quarterly payments over 7 years - even if inflation linked.

Reactions: phproxy

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Yes, I heard that too. Bigger projects (i.e. heat pump & insulation) can get both, which will really help.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I heard that too. Bigger projects (i.e. heat pump & insulation) can get both, which will really help.
Oh really? will have to see numbers stack up.
Unlikely an ASHP install will cost £15k so won’t use up full £5k limit (33%). Haven’t got foggiest how much insulation would costthough.

Look at Sunamp as well as conventional water cylinders.
I hope if a Sunamp heat battery can be included into the design then they count it as part of funding. A 9kw battery is about £3750 so that would be a grand off that.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anybody had any decent quotes or seen any offers?
Obviously I know this is based on algorithms formed my my search/engagement history but I'm seeing a few ads pop up on my facebook feed for ASHP providers.

The ads appear very snake-oil like, focusing on the £10k grant and some wild savings potential. I don't believe half of them have ever installed an ASHP but will just try and sell you insualtion/ double glazing or even a replacement boiler from the old green deal scheme

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What £10k grant is this?
It's actually the same Green Homes Grant but in limited cases i.e in receipt of certain benefits, the grant is worth up to £10k.

Some of these companies were only registered in 2019

1 - 14 of 14 Posts