Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really fancy a pair of green number plates for my Leaf 40, does anyone know how theold ones are held on and if they are easy to remove and replace.
Cheers in advance

·
Registered
Corsa SRI Nav Premium
5,089 Posts
Hiya Graham, you may find what you want on this thread:

·
Registered
BMW i3
2,188 Posts
Presumably you could just add a green label and keep the existing plates?

Reactions: Neilew

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Neilew having read your blog its quite a mixed bag, i thought it was a good idea and i never once gave it a thought about them making your car a target for wanton vandalism.Would this happen to a Leaf? perhaps not, but i will probably go ahead at some stage and get some 3D ones with a green border and green slash.
Everyone else thanks for the advice especially @Gospelman great tip using dental floss.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Mine were just swapped at service.
Is this something people would expect to happen? I was planning, rather shame-facedly, to get some Halfords vouchers for my birthday to pay for my “smug” replacement plates, but if the Nissan dealer is likely to do it for free I might wait.

On the other hand, rereading the last bit of that sentence, I’ve probably answered my own question...

·
Registered
Corsa SRI Nav Premium
5,089 Posts
Is this something people would expect to happen? I was planning, rather shame-facedly, to get some Halfords vouchers for my birthday to pay for my “smug” replacement plates, but if the Nissan dealer is likely to do it for free I might wait.

On the other hand, rereading the last bit of that sentence, I’ve probably answered my own question...
I think it's something they are likely to do for anyone who asks for it. My dealer was probably keen to do it anyway as my original plates come from a different dealer, so the advertising would be all wrong for them.

Reactions: Astolat

·
Registered
Corsa SRI Nav Premium
5,089 Posts
@Neilew having read your blog its quite a mixed bag, i thought it was a good idea and i never once gave it a thought about them making your car a target for wanton vandalism.Would this happen to a Leaf? perhaps not, but i will probably go ahead at some stage and get some 3D ones with a green border and green slash.
Everyone else thanks for the advice especially @Gospelman great tip using dental floss.
Hi Graham,

Sorry not my blog. I just thought it might be helpful to point you towards one of the existing threads on this subject.

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,479 Posts
Matt from Go Green Autos Ltd sells the new Green Number Plates from £21.00 a pair

Go Green Autos can supply the new green plates

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,804 Posts
Saw a BMW 330e with green number plates yesterday. 🙄

Perhaps they should do a slashed green/black design so that PHEVs can join in the virtue signalling fun? 😉

It used to be Audi quattro or S badges on non quattro cars, or BMW ‘M’ badges on a 316i, but now you need to look out for this scourge too. 🤣

1 - 20 of 40 Posts