Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
Here I am showing our Green Scout electric all-terrain vehicle.
All-terrain vehicle 6 wheeled, electric, side-turning. Rides, jumps, dances, swims, but does not fly. The drive is permanent (but you can turn off any wheel arbitrarily through the controller). The power of each wheel is 3 kW at its peak, the total power is 18 kW. Speed up to 60 km / h. Since the all-terrain vehicle is electric, it starts from a place quickly, drives silently (well, of course, the sound from tires and shock absorbers does not disappear).
The idea of creating such an all-terrain vehicle came after the experience of operating the Argo all-terrain vehicle. The main disadvantages of the wheeled side-turning all-terrain vehicle are low ground clearance, lack of suspension. To get high ground clearance and suspension, there are two outputs on mini all-terrain vehicles - either electric drive or hydraulic. The hydraulics had to be excluded, since at temperatures below -30C it does not work, plus it always flows. As a result, we settled on an electric transmission. Each wheel is a motor-wheel. Naturally, the motor-wheels were being finalized to be able to be installed on an all-terrain vehicle and to be able to swim. The battery is iron-phosphate, all information on the battery, the charge is displayed on the smartphone. Control of the all-terrain vehicle through the on-board computer. Bicycle handlebar controls. Braking either with the sides through a turn of the steering wheel, or with the gas pedal of all wheels at once.
Overview video of the all-terrain vehicle

·
Registered
Kona64
1,835 Posts
Anyone else spot the [ ICE ] genny in the background of the video

How much ?

video says long distance -- is that PHEV type long distance ie 30miles, or Tesla long distance ?

what is the recharge methods, just 240v domestic or is the recharge socket a type2 22kw on board charger ?

Aslo the spiel above the video says "dances" but I did not see any dancing in the video, nor did I see exactly how fast it swims (which I presume is from the tyre tread pattern?)

But, looks cool and I've put a comment on a Lowland Rescue Facebook page about Christmas wish list

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello everyone.
The charger for the all-terrain vehicle is plugged into a regular electrical network. Can be recharged from the smallest generator.
Now there is a battery which is enough for 30 km. But you can install a more powerful battery, now it costs 7 kW / h.
Tik Tok video
in this video, the all-terrain vehicle is floating.
There, on the channel, the all-terrain vehicle is dancing to the music.
And since English is not my native language, I did not understand what "the [ICE] genny in the background of the video" is. Can you repeat your thought again?

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Looks familiar

Years ago a friend of mine had one of those (an Argocat). He lived on the opposite side of the river Severn from his local pub at Newnham, so used the Argocat to drive down to the riverbank, across the river and up into the pub car park. How on earth he got safely home in the thing at closing time remained a mystery. It did save him having to make a long drive just to get to a pub a mile or so away.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
3,915 Posts
Years ago a friend of mine had one of those (an Argocat). He lived on the opposite side of the river Severn from his local pub at Newnham, so used the Argocat to drive down to the riverbank, across the river and up into the pub car park. How on earth he got safely home in the thing at closing time remained a mystery. It did save him having to make a long drive just to get to a pub a mile or so away.
I guess there wasn't much chance of him being breathalysed by the police mid-river? ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, in terms of the criminal use of wheeled all-terrain vehicles - on the Green Scout all-terrain vehicle you can still engage in poaching, given that at night it is not visible in the thermal imager, you can hide from the rangers. Better to be a law-abiding citizen though.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Well, in terms of the criminal use of wheeled all-terrain vehicles - on the Green Scout all-terrain vehicle you can still engage in poaching, given that at night it is not visible in the thermal imager, you can hide from the rangers. Better to be a law-abiding citizen though.
Vehicle may not be visible, but the passengers will be obvious!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Visible only when their hull is not covered and if they are not wearing clothing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, because the military only use thermal imagers to spot naked soldiers! LOL
I would not want to fight with naked soldiers. It is better not to be captured like that.
In general, hands, head are visible in the thermal imager, i.e. what is not covered by clothing. If it is raining and a person is wearing a raincoat with a hood, then the thermal imager does not already see the person very well.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I would not want to fight with naked soldiers. It is better not to be captured like that.
In general, hands, head are visible in the thermal imager, i.e. what is not covered by clothing. If it is raining and a person is wearing a raincoat with a hood, then the thermal imager does not already see the person very well.
I'm telling you from first hand experience of using thermal imagers, that's not true.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,835 Posts
And since English is not my native language, I did not understand what "the [ICE] genny in the background of the video" is. Can you repeat your thought again?
Hello Johny thank you for your reply

genny is English Slang / abbreviation of Generator .... I was making fun of the fact you had a means to recharge it using petrol nearby
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Wood

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's a bold claim. The HIPPO HAWK is also amphibious, 6-wheel drive, and will do 30km on electric (but also has a REx engine).

The uncrewed HIPPO RAPTOR is also used for a wide variety of military UGV applications.

This is not an amphibian, there is no boat hull (in any case, what is on their website and in the photo). It is also not exactly an electric car, it is a hybrid, a diesel plus an electrician. In fact, this is the same form of the argo all-terrain vehicle (by the way, they also have an electric form as a prototype). There are disadvantages - these are overhangs in front and behind the all-terrain vehicle, this will interfere with the geometric cross-country ability. There are pluses - it's unmanned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello Johny thank you for your reply

genny is English Slang / abbreviation of Generator .... I was making fun of the fact you had a means to recharge it using petrol nearby
View attachment 150596
This is true. This is a shoot from last year, when we used lead-acid batteries from cars as a battery. We had a battery of 6 12 volt batteries. At the beginning of this year, we finally installed a normal iron phosphate battery and forgot about these problems.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
This is not an amphibian, there is no boat hull (in any case, what is on their website and in the photo).
It floats. It travels at 3km/h on water. It is amphibious.

It is also not exactly an electric car, it is a hybrid, a diesel plus an electrician.
It's always driven by electric motors and it is capable of 30km on just the batteries. The engine is a range extender, like the BMW i3 REx, and can be removed and replaced with more batteries.

It's a necessary configuration for military uses.

There are pluses - it's unmanned.
The HAWK optionally manned. The Raptor is unmanned.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Look at his tires. They are muddy. It will not float at any 3 km / h on the water. Look at the tires of the Argo all-terrain vehicle, there are blades, due to which it actually floats. And then, there is also no 3 km / h. At best, 0.5-1.0 km / h.
Take a look at its sides. They are not here. Let's say the central compartment is insulated. In this case, when loading 1 person, the all-terrain vehicle will be in a semi-submersible state, the person's legs will be in the water. In this state, he will be able to overcome water obstacles.
It's always driven by electric motors and it is capable of 30km on just the batteries. The engine is a range extender, like the BMW i3 REx, and can be removed and replaced with more batteries.

This is essentially an electromechanical transmission, like a Porsche tiger tank.
And in fact, it is dangerous to follow the lead of the military. They can ruin any good idea with their Wishlist. Think of the American crusher. A powerful 6-wheeled all-terrain vehicle (though not sailed), drove fast, armored, weighed 8 tons. As a result, this project was abandoned.
Now a similar project is being done in Israel. While their all-terrain vehicle weighs only 2 tons, the military is also trying to make it armored, flying, jumping and able to do everything.

The HAWK optionally manned. The Raptor is unmanned.
This is cool, hopefully they will soon have something more than photos in Photoshop.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
Look at his tires. They are muddy. It will not float at any 3 km / h on the water. Look at the tires of the Argo all-terrain vehicle, there are blades, due to which it actually floats. And then, there is also no 3 km / h. At best, 0.5-1.0 km / h.

I've driven an Argocat, several times over the years (they've been around for decades). They cross water just fine, and as mentioned above, a friend used to use one to cross the River Severn to Newnham, not exactly a slow running river at times.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
It does float. And it does propel itself. They've demonstrated several times to American and British armed forces.

This is essentially an electromechanical transmission, like a Porsche tiger tank.
No, because it doesn't need the engine to operate. The vehicle has a battery for upto 30km of usage.

This is cool, hopefully they will soon have something more than photos in Photoshop.
They do...

Both demonstrated to armed forces in UK and America.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts