Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Planning to buy I-Pace, as my first ESV (electric super vehicle ;) ), which looks for me like best compromise between "supercar", "ecocar" and everyday means of transport for almost any occasion. While not really feasible for really long runs yet (very bad infrastructure in Poland so far), it shall be more than sufficient for everyday and every weekend use, still being the Jag :)

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Wow !!! Fully electric Jag! Post some pic when u get one :) . And welcome to EV forum and EV family !

·
Registered
626 Posts
Good luck Pawel,

Very bad that in Poland there is zero incentive over EV ... but at least the electricity is relative cheap .. ~ 10cent euro per kwh ...

I have seen few chargers here in Poland ... one inside a shopping center, is constantly occupied by normal car, ignoring the presence of the charging station .. the other, are not public chargers, but these are the charger used by the electric car sharing

In my view, in Poland, it makes sense to have a small EV for daily usage .. but then it is also needed to have a 2nd car for the long trip ... in my case my main car is a PHEV, so does the functions of two cars in one ... still I'm looking to replace my 2nd car with a Fiat 500e, which are looking relative available and cheap in Poland.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is some chargers near main highways and in several shopping centers, but as you noticed often busy or blocked by other cars. Anyway the network of chargers is growing fast and shall double in 2019...

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Yes and developed from scratch, not as poor adaptation of any ICE car... You'll have to wait a bit for a photo of mine as delivery time is ca 6 months now ...
thats trully awesome ! delivery time is more or less same for new leaf and zoe ......

·
Registered
626 Posts
There is some chargers near main highways and in several shopping centers, but as you noticed often busy or blocked by other cars. Anyway the network of chargers is growing fast and shall double in 2019...
I appreciate your optimistic point of view (y)

I did not seen any changes around me in the last 2 years ... actually the one that I usually see in the shopping center I believe the company gone out of business, and now it is handled over by GreenWay .. the station has been replaced recently .. it was missing for few weeks

Still .. it can't be used this place, since the parking place is always busy with ICE cars.

Anyhow .. checking the GreenWay prices:

For GreenWay Polska registered customers, charging with a direct current (DC) rate of 1 kWh of energy during charging is PLN 1.89 plus PLN 0.40 per minute of charging after45 minutes. In the case of alternating current (AC) charging, the fee is PLN 1.19 per 1 kWh plus PLN 0.40 per minute of charging after 180 minutes. See price list for details.
1.9 / 1.2 pln per kwh ... is about 5 to 3 times more expensive then a kwh from home ... I pay 0.4pln per kwh (night tariff)

I did calculated that using EV my cost are 1/4 of an equivalent ICE ... but if I have to pay 5 times for electricity, then it is even more expensive to drive EV then not ICE .. at 3 time the price .. the difference in price is neglectable.

I don't see any effort in Poland to promote EV, I doubt there will be ever enough market for get the economy of scale here for the charging infrastructure. I know in the past there was some idea to promote EV, and there was also a Polish made EV (5y ago if I recall right) .. but now .. EV in Poland is looking totally dead.

Poland traditionally is a 2nd home for "old" cars from EU .. so ... even if EV will be main stream in EU, it will take even longer for Poland to follow this.

·
Chartered Engineer
1,859 Posts
The iPace looks a cracking car and if you are aiming to use it solely of home charging it should be no issue at all. Will be very interesting to hear of your experiences.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly, I think I'll use home or work charging 99% of Time an Greenway network in rare long trip only...

Wysłane z mojego CLT-L29 przy użyciu Tapatalka

1 - 9 of 9 Posts