Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The best there is at what I do
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fantastic facility, charged there again this morning simplicty itself just tap and charge, but one thing i noticed there is a box with a cross on the RH side of the LED display, pressing it stops the car charging, potentially anyone could just press the button, seems a bit odd, I do remember reading something about it anyone know the rational behind it, seems daft to me, CCS releases after the car finishes charging anyway, no need for a button that may get misused.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,508 Posts
Haven’t most if not all Instavolts been like this for months/years though….? Have not really heard many issues with them. I think people generally just behave themselves, and any fears aren’t really borne out by reality.

·
Registered
2020 Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav 7kw
181 Posts
Given these particular chargers have 1 bay per charger it seems unlikely someone will try to steal the cable. There's concern of course that youths could come along and do it, but that seems unlikely to be an issue at a motorway services :ROFLMAO:

I used a Shell Recharge recently - same model as the ones atRugby services- and it had the same behavior. I was very surprised when pressing stop that it didn't make me tap my card again, but hey ho.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
All Tritium chargers are configured like this. Some ABBs are as well. Simply pushing stop will end the charge session.

I Understand the fears, but honestly I think the big red emergency stop button is more likely to attract attention by idiots who want to press a button. ALL Rapid chargers have these, and the numbers of people who misuse this are thankfully fairly low.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Why do people obsess over this? The chances of someone actually messing around with them are pretty slim surely.

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 Tekna '64 reg
1,528 Posts
Not forgetting one generally shouldn't be too far away from a rapid charging vehicle.

So even if someone messed around with the stop button, it shouldn't cost much time. There's no charger connection fee, so also won't cost extra money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts