Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

721 - 740 of 765 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #723 ·
Planning application for Stevenage submitted this week

Gridserve Stevenage

24 x 175-350kW chargers (end on parking, rather than Braintree's side on parking)
6 x 22kW AC chargers
8 x Branded chargers (my assumption is Telsa, based on similar location to Braintree)
3 x HGV 175-350kW chargers
Good to see AC provision for Zoes. First time I’ve seen dedicated HGV chargers as part of the charging offer.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #725 ·
I suppose as it's directly off the A1(M), it makes some sense. There's also "Air & Water" provision.
Looks like a mirror image of Braintree.

·
Registered
558 Posts
"Land To The North West Of Junction 7 Of The A1(M) Knebworth Park Old Knebworth Knebworth Herts SG1 2AX "

So it looks like it should be above the Novotel Stevenage site, if my sense of direction is correct... it is terrible some days.

I am sure the resident Gridserve hater will be along to tell everyone it is a waste of tax payers money soon. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
14 Posts
"Land To The North West Of Junction 7 Of The A1(M) Knebworth Park Old Knebworth Knebworth Herts SG1 2AX "

So it looks like it should be above the Novotel Stevenage site, if my sense of direction is correct... it is terrible some days.

I am sure the resident Gridserve hater will be along to tell everyone it is a waste of tax payers money soon.
Yes, that's the location. The plans show the road from the A1 junction will have a dedicated left lane for Knebworth House (and the Novotel) and a short right lane for turning right into the site. Last time I checked, the map linked earlier in this thread had the Stevenage location as North East of Junction 8, rather than North West of J7.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric
52 Posts
Then another document from the same planning application contradicts it.
The facilities being provided on this site are:
• 24 no. Higher powered charging (DC) units (175 – 350kW). Two of which will be accessible spaces.
• 6 no. lower powered charging (AC) units (22kW). One of which will be an accessible space
• 3 no. Higher powered charging (DC) units (175-350kW) for future HGV use.
• 8 no. branded charging units.
• 31 no. parking spaces for staff and customer use, two of which will be
accessible spaces. Some of these spaces will also be available for future
additional charging units should demand dictate.
• an air and water bay of suitable depth and length for accessible use.
• a vehicle queueing lane for 7 vehicles

·
Registered
558 Posts
Does anyone know how long it was before Tesla put the Supercharger location up for the Braintree site? Be interesting to see when/if they add the Stevenage J7 site to the coming soon list, I assume they'll only do it once the planning has been accepted, and Gridserve have a time to competition estimate.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Leaf 40kWh Tekna - love it
1,166 Posts
Odd thing is, the Braintree Tesla chargers aren't switched on

·
Registered
558 Posts
They’re moving at quite a pace. I’ve been really impressed with how quickly they’re getting on with the Norwich one.
I think they are wanting to get ahead of the curve due to how long things have been left for, and the people in the upper echelons obviously believe that there s a good case both environmentally and from a business perspective to push things along quickly.

It also looks good from the local councils point-of-view to be seen to allowing the planning to be as quick an painless as possible, as they want to be seen as supportive of the 2030 goal, even if they don't want to pull their own fingers out.

I wonder if they'll get 25-30 completed by 2023, could be possible.

·
Registered
2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
856 Posts
I wonder if they'll get 25-30 completed by 2023, could be possible.
At the rate they seem to be going, I think it’s quite likely. They’ve got the finance and the planning in place, and no-one else seems to want to compete in the space.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
467 Posts
Someone had to steal a march on the basis of the rapidly growing registrations of EVs. Given this last 12 months has been quiet for car buying it is likely that there will be a sudden demand for cars when things return to more normal and with a no. of clean air zones coming into force EV registrations could really make an impact.

·
EGGY
1,551 Posts
Odd thing is, the Braintree Tesla chargers aren't switched on
The really odd thing is they were and now they're not ! Wonder what is going on there ?

721 - 740 of 765 Posts