Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So I just took the plunge last week and ordered a GTE Advance to replace my 10 year old, 5 cylinder diesel Volvo. The £5000 scrappage and £2500 Gov incentive made it a more than feasible purchase.

I think I’m very happy with the order but having read through some recent posts about other peoples orders, I am wondering whether I have chosen the best optional extras to make the car most attractive come resale in a few years’ time. This is how my order looks:

GTE Advance
Oryx White
Black art velours interior
Panoramic sunroof
90% heat insulating tinted glass
Rubber floor mats

I know I haven’t chosen the highest spec for upgrades but this is the first new car I have ever bought and I have serious concerns for depreciation and choosing extras wisely.

Is there any extras that you think would be a wise investment?

Do you think the Oryx White was a good choice? It was between Indium Grey and Atlantic Blue for me but the wife loved Oryx White and inevitably she got her way.

My car is still in the "Your order is being processed" stage so I'm pretty sure I could amend if desired.

Josh

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think the GTE Advance does come with some decent options as standard. As for the optional extras, think it always comes down to personal choice. Yes cars depreciate so don’t go mad, but I always remember for every £1000 in extras is around £25 extra a month (if paying on PCP finance).

I think it’s always sensible to think about the extras, see what you would really use and which are ‘nice to have’.

In the in...the choice is yours :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
IMG_1639.PNG
Hi,

So I just took the plunge last week and ordered a GTE Advance to replace my 10 year old, 5 cylinder diesel Volvo. The £5000 scrappage and £2500 Gov incentive made it a more than feasible purchase.

I think I’m very happy with the order but having read through some recent posts about other peoples orders, I am wondering whether I have chosen the best optional extras to make the car most attractive come resale in a few years’ time. This is how my order looks:

GTE Advance
Oryx White
Black art velours interior
Panoramic sunroof
90% heat insulating tinted glass
Rubber floor mats

I know I haven’t chosen the highest spec for upgrades but this is the first new car I have ever bought and I have serious concerns for depreciation and choosing extras wisely.

Is there any extras that you think would be a wise investment?

Do you think the Oryx White was a good choice? It was between Indium Grey and Atlantic Blue for me but the wife loved Oryx White and inevitably she got her way.

My car is still in the "Your order is being processed" stage so I'm pretty sure I could amend if desired.

Josh
Hi @Josh GTE I know your be very happy when you get the car but it's the waiting that does it. I had a play around with the configurator and managed to spend more imaginary money I don't have . Ref picture!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think those options to me are pretty sensible, although can really see you getting any more for Onyx white rather than pure white in a few years time.

arts velour is an interesting one it looks classy and maybe a safe bet if the tartan goes out of fashion, I for one love the Tartan and wouldn't choose Arts or Leather even if they are free, but some friends have looked at it and thought blue tartan is awful.

For me it's not really about resale it's what you want to enjoy over the time you have it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi @Josh GTE I know your be very happy when you get the car but it's the waiting that does it. I had a play around with the configurator and managed to spend more imaginary money I don't have . Ref picture!
@Stampie 66 For sure, I was a little aprehensive when the salesman said about the 5 month lead time but the offer for scrappage and the government £2500 was just too good to turn down. Plus the fuel savings etc, I couldnt not buy it! I'm getting a little more irritated after reading all the threads about builds being pushed back, I can only hope my dealer was being realistic with 5 months and it wont take longer!

Wow, your not kidding there, £47k is insane.. would be full of awesome stuff though!

I for one love the Tartan and wouldn't choose Arts or Leather even if they are free
@Rich2508 I'm 100% with you on this. When we saw the demo model I understood the relivance of Tartan and the throw back to the mk1 GTI, I loved it.. The Mrs on the other hand didnt get the idea and hated it! Seeing as she appears to wear the trousers lol, her preference won!

·
Registered
18 Posts
In my experience, only a few specific optional extras will affect resale value.. the rest don't make a difference. For example, 10 years ago, a bmw x5 without satnav was about 5k cheaper than one with satnav. If i were you, i would ask your dealer to show you glasses guide to point you in the right direction. btw.. your spec looks great... please post some pictures when the car arrives!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts