Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently swapped my pre-facelift gateway to newer facelift 3Q gateway.from a GTE. (yes cp is removed and functions restored via odis)

Now the GTE button is opening the Drive mode menu and not activating the GTE mode. E-mode button working normally and 5F is showing hybrid modes, except GTE, since it has a dedicated button.

From the GTE button I can change the driving mode from 5F, but no GTE in that list either. (eco, normal, sport, invi.. )

Any hints how to change the behaviour of this button after gateway swap?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okey, answering to myself, it seems the gateways was from a Passat GTE, thats why it was showing the drive modes.

GW was flashed to H -revision and golf gte facelift dataset. Now e-mode functions as intended but gte mode just flashes once when pressed and does not activate.

Was it so, that the stock facelift gte dataset is not activating the pre-fl gte mode due to different fec code etc..?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the same problem. Swapped to facelift gateway, seems to be that the dataset needs to be manually edited before GTE mode works. The people who have a edited/working dataset are not easy to find. And sharing the dataset seems to be difficult (Why?). Keeps me busy for a few months now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same problem. Swapped to facelift gateway, seems to be that the dataset needs to be manually edited before GTE mode works. The people who have a edited/working dataset are not easy to find. And sharing the dataset seems to be difficult (Why?). Keeps me busy for a few months now.
Indeed, I do have the OEM facelifft dataset. (H-revision) But the editing tool made by Chillout seems to work only from revision Q and up.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The GTE dataset is modified using Jilles tool, as far as i know. I tried a dozen of "edited" datasets but none is working. Some say you need to change ECU firmware to version H22 too. That's for sure if you're retrofitting VC (otherwise RPM is not working).
But why you need to swap GW in the first way?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The GTE dataset is modified using Jilles tool, as far as i know. I tried a dozen of "edited" datasets but none is working. Some say you need to change ECU firmware to version H22 too. That's for sure if you're retrofitting VC (otherwise RPM is not working).
But why you need to swap GW in the first way?
MIB2 retrofit. Lost the ability to control the modes on-screen. With the stock GW, physical buttons work though for E-mode, battery hold and GTE.

If you mean that ”jilleb’s” -tool isnt he the same person as Chillout..? That tool supports revisions Q and forward.

Facelift ECU firmware could help to this too so the drive mode numbers would be remapped to FL ones, but dont want to do that since my pre-FL ecu fw is modded by Huizen. 😀

·
Registered
29 Posts
Chillout=Jille. So you don't wanna loose your tuning on ECU. I understand. You (and i) have to find a suitable dataset.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts