Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just joined and wish I had found this site earlier.

Looking to order my next company car and have short listed the Passat GTE Advance. This will be my first PHEV and as I do around 20k a year, slightly worried about the MPG I will get when using just the petrol engine.

So my question is, what is reasonable to expect, particularly on motorways? Apologise if this has been asked previously.

G.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Expect about 45mpg if running in normal hybrid mode. Less if you use GTE mode. Whatever the journey types you do it would be good to charge it if you can then run it in hybrid mode as you'll get much better economy that way.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Last time I tested my passat GTE I averaged around 7l/100km (33mpg) on a motorway at 120kmh (75mph) with semi charged battery. My 500km+ trip averaged around 6.4l/100km (37mpg)

·
Registered
397 Posts
I find that my Passat GTE estate does typically 45mpg when running on petrol, and obviously uses no petrol when on electric, so my overall MPG just depends on what percentage of my mileage I do on electric. Over the last year I've achieved nearly 100mpg because I've been about 50% electric. My petrol use is pretty much all on the motorway / dual carriageways.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Last time I tested my passat GTE I averaged around 7l/100km (33mpg) on a motorway at 120kmh (75mph) with semi charged battery. My 500km+ trip averaged around 6.4l/100km (37mpg)
I think maybe you've used American gallons there. 7l/100km is about 40mpg (UK gallons) and 6.4l/100km is about 44mpg (UK).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts