Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I'm on the cusp of buying a GTE, second hand.

Just want thoughts on what you think it'll be worth in 2 years, part ex.

Purchase price £17750, mileage 26k, 2018. In 2 years I'll probably do 30k miles so 55k on the clock.

Cheers!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Long time lurker here, but a cheeky first post......

I am about to sell my highly specified GTE and wonder if it might be of interest to you?

2015 GTE in Onyx White (pearl white, £1000 cost option)

Other cost options:
  • Panoramic sunroof.
  • Winter pack.
  • Navpro navigation
Excellent condition inside and out.

Full VW service history including recent (expensive) cambelt change service...something you wouldn't need to repeat if keeping car for 2 years!

4 recent high quality (Michelin) tyres.

Recent VW battery recall - battery confirmed to be in good condition (fully charged shows range ~25 miles during Winter, i.e. now / ~32 miles summer).

Same family run from new - initially as a lease car, then purchased from lease co. (so 2 owners showing).

~33,000 miles, would accept £15,000. Based in Sussex.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for the offer. The main reason I'm interested in the one I mentioned is the 2 year warranty that comes with approved used from VW. That's the main thing putting me off any car that has an electronic/hybrid element is if it breaks!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks but I think we are a few £000 out on the price. Looking on auto trader there's a few for that age and that milage from dealers. Granted they might not have the options you mention!
I can confirm that they haven't all had a cambelt change and knowledge of the battery recall is 'hazy' at best!

Given this, 20% fewer miles and ~£4000 of options, I don't think a ~£1500 price differential so unreasonable.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can confirm that they haven't all had a cambelt change and knowledge of the battery recall is 'hazy' at best!

Given this, 20% fewer miles and ~£4000 of options, I don't think a ~£1500 price differential so unreasonable.
Fair enough, good luck with the sale. If you were local I'd have had look but I'm South Wales

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fair enough, good luck with the sale. If you were local I'd have had look but I'm South Wales
Many thanks and likewise, good luck with your purchase.

It's a great car and, for us, has provided a confidence building stepping stone to going 'full electric' - very much looking forward to the Tesla Model 3 Long Range which is arriving this Saturday.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Many thanks and likewise, good luck with your purchase.

It's a great car and, for us, has provided a confidence building stepping stone to going 'full electric' - very much looking forward to the Tesla Model 3 Long Range which is arriving this Saturday.
Very nice, I find the Tesla's a bit big for my needs.

I'm still temped by the new GTE. My round trip is 80miles. Sounds like with the new GTE I could get 40 as opposed to 20 with the mk 7.5 on pure electric.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Very nice, I find the Tesla's a bit big for my needs.

I'm still temped by the new GTE. My round trip is 80miles. Sounds like with the new GTE I could get 40 as opposed to 20 with the mk 7.5 on pure electric.
Yes, its probably bigger than we need, and we will also miss the flexibility of a hatchback....and potentially VW build quality!

From an efficiency point of view, the mk 7 / 7.5 GTE's are great for quite particular journey patterns - we rarely do more than 20 miles per day, have solar panels on our house roof, so it has been an exceptionally cheap car to run.

For longer journeys....and especially for those folks who don't plug the car in to charge before each journey....efficiency is mediocre at best.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Should anyone who has read this thread be interested, pictures on the car I am selling can be found in this thread:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.