Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
So yes I have added it to my order just in time! I would've been annoyed if it came without the inner LED, it's a feature I quite like but probably won't mean anything to others! One of those optional extras Volkswagen didn't really need to make optional but they did!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all , just signed in great forum,

Just finalising the order for a GTE Advanced , added lane assist plus and was told that the dynamic curve corner option could not the added and only dynamic light assist . The configerator allows the option so why is the dealer saying no . Some help would be appreciated . Has anyone ordered these two options together ?
Stampie.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Question is......
Does the GTE have the inner LED fitted, but not enabled unless you have dynamic light assist?

If it does, then surely VCDS can enable it. If not, then thats the end of that then!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not to shore the sales man would let me in with a screw drive and spanner !
Thanks for the reply @kugaman1 , I have got VCDS but hopeing to get the order right first time.
Stampie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not to shore the sales man would let me in with a screw drive and spanner !
Thanks for the reply @kugaman1 , I have got VCDS but hopeing to get the order right first time.
Stampie
Hello Stampie, I have ordered my GTE Advance with dynamic curve lighting amongst other options. Dynamic curve lighting is essential corner lighting, so the lights will point to the apex when turning etc etc, but with this you also get the inner 'L' to work and to be functioning. This feature is standard on the GTD/I and R, but not on the GTE, not even the Advance! On the contrary, dynamic light assist is like a high beam assist, it adjusts the headlights so to not to dazzle oncoming drivers whilst maintaining a further distance of view for the driver. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Stampie, I have ordered my GTE Advance with dynamic curve lighting amongst other options. Dynamic curve lighting is essential corner lighting, so the lights will point to the apex when turning etc etc, but with this you also get the inner 'L' to work and to be functioning. This feature is standard on the GTD/I and R, but not on the GTE, not even the Advance! On the contrary, dynamic light assist is like a high beam assist, it adjusts the headlights so to not to dazzle oncoming drivers whilst maintaining a further distance of view for the driver. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the reply Joel , good info . Confirmed order today at dealers and got the dynamic curve lighting .
This was on my original order but I also was adding the Lane assist Plus . Although the configurator allowed this combination when the order was placed computer said no ! It's taken four days to get the order to be excepted with a lot of emails and phone calls. All was down to vw and not the dealers although I'm pleased I stuck to my guns and chased them until it was sorted . Just now got to be patient until the car arrives , hope to get excited closer to the delivery date as I was a bit p off with all the hassle . Thanks Stampie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sounds like a mess, but glad you got there in the end! I think the amount of options VW have on their cars causes more trouble than it’s worth! The dealers never seem to fully understand all of the options either! Hyundai for example don’t have optional extras on their cars, you just choose a graded model and the paint, surely makes things more customer friendly and a smoother customer experience overall?

·
Registered
241 Posts
1E8B1ABC-816B-4EA8-ADAE-DC1D2668511A.jpeg
For anyone else who comes here wondering. The top image is the standard Golf GTE or GTE Advance.

The bottom image is with Dynamic Curve Lighting.
£310 option that then also turns your headlights as you steer around corners.

The same 1 or 2 ‘blade’ illumination affects the indicators too.

£310 is a bit steep for something that is standard on all other Golf GTx models but this really bothers me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the reply Joel , good info . Confirmed order today at dealers and got the dynamic curve lighting .
This was on my original order but I also was adding the Lane assist Plus . Although the configurator allowed this combination when the order was placed computer said no ! It's taken four days to get the order to be excepted with a lot of emails and phone calls. All was down to vw and not the dealers although I'm pleased I stuck to my guns and chased them until it was sorted . Just now got to be patient until the car arrives , hope to get excited closer to the delivery date as I was a bit p off with all the hassle . Thanks Stampie

Hi All, just placed my order with dealer for LED headlights with dynamic corning lights so I'm glad I've seen this thread as the inner L is a small detail that I think I would appreciate.

Here's the thing, I also opted for Lane assist plus + high beam assist, rear traffic alert, traffic jam assist and traffic sign recognition.

So can you have both dynamic corning lights and high beam assist in combination? Or will VW quibble when the order gets to the factory??

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Going back onto this topic and to be honest. The dynamic curve lights are not a necessary feature with the GTE. I’ve done over 2k miles in my car now and I will be doing around 1.5k miles in October. I have done a mix of day time and night time driving, there hasn’t and won’t ever be an ‘oh s**t’ moment where I wish my headlights cornered. The lights on the GTE are superb anyway.

I just think it’s silly how the inner ‘L’ does nothing.

I don’t know anyone with VCDS in my area, does anyone know if they are able to do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think these forums are great as they give good advice about the questions that some times not even the sales people aren't aware about . When looking at video clips and pictures about the car none was noticed without front inner lights not working so l assumed that they would work when ordering the car . This would have only lead to disappointment upon delivery . Obviously if the options weren't so complicated in this particular area the decisions on which boxes to tick may be less confusing. I was pleased I read and obtained useful information about the car before the order was placed and hope other people are able to do the same . I would like to thank every one for all the information they give on the forum it has certainly helped me . Stampie

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Theres a Facebook group for vcds users, maybe someone close to you that could take a look.

I don't have my cable etc anymore but found the amount of options you can change was great.

On a 64plate Octavia you could enable cornering fog lights and traffic sign recognition, depending on what was already fitted, both of these were "options" when ordering, I'm sure it was over £300 for each one as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi All, just placed my order with dealer for LED headlights with dynamic corning lights so I'm glad I've seen this thread as the inner L is a small detail that I think I would appreciate.

Here's the thing, I also opted for Lane assist plus + high beam assist, rear traffic alert, traffic jam assist and traffic sign recognition.

So can you have both dynamic corning lights and high beam assist in combination? Or will VW quibble when the order gets to the factory??
Ok I've just spent time on VW's configurator and it looks like you can opt for Lane assist Plus inc high beam assist together with dynamic cornering lights. Which is great as I'm now assured the dealer hasn't made a mistake.

Interestingly, whilst there I also noticed the picture they use for the LED headlights including dynamic curve lighting extras shows both outer and inner L's turned on. So I suppose VW do try to convey what it does as a throwaway picture, but probably would not have even noticed that if you chaps hadn't have brought it to my attention.

Volkswagen Configurator

·
Registered
28 Posts
So just to confirm, Lane assist Plus + Dynamic Light assist, will not have the inner L working,
but Lane assist Plus + Dynamic lighting curve will have the Inner L working.

·
Registered
61 Posts
50E099E6-98E2-48A2-8933-F7E7373D00C8.jpeg 935B1A18-DEE1-4793-BB6E-F223C046D47E.jpeg 37BC14BE-4C00-42D0-A82A-878226BED800.jpeg 6B7AE824-7035-4C45-B92E-DF0385B19DD0.jpeg 0E1483D2-1564-4012-8AFA-F24AE95793D9.jpeg

I was disappointed when I found out the inner L’s weren’t standard and already too late to change the order.

It’s just cost cutting from VW which shouldn’t happen on a car at this price.

If the vcds become available then great, it does however still look very good without.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts