Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Paul Lake, looking good, what colour is that in Isaac Blue? Its hard to tell in that light...
Yes Isaac blue - i don’t think it’s possible to get a photo of it showing how it looks in the flesh.

It usually looks grey or black.

Still seems to be pretty rare, I’ve not seen another GTE in it yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I picked up my GTE this morning. I can confirm I never added Dynamic Curve Lighting and have double checked my order sheet and invoice. That being said my inner L lights are working. Maybe I’m just lucky

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is getting very interesting @NewGTE4Me . Pleased for you , you may have got something for nothing .
I think we need know more ! Although it may be a while before we here anything as you will be out enjoying the car.
Hope the sun shines for you over the endend . Stampie

·
Registered
28 Posts
I picked up my GTE this morning. I can confirm I never added Dynamic Curve Lighting and have double checked my order sheet and invoice. That being said my inner L lights are working. Maybe I’m just lucky
Do you have lane assist plus?
If so, do you have lane assist plus Inc high beam assist, or lane assist plus including dynamic lighting assist?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I do Lane assist with Dynamic Light Assist. Maybe that’s why? I will post some pics of the car tomorrow. Have to say the build quality is amazing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have just had a reply from VW UK they said (PXC) LED headlights for Dynamic Light Assist are the same as (PXB) LED headlights inc dynamic Curve Lighting, only with the additional function of dynamic light assist.

So it seems like you can have either and still have the inner L working.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Having read through the entire thread, and with reference only to the utility of auto dipping main beam plus cornering lights, I had all that on my last Audi and two things stand out :

a) auto dip is crap. Might work fine on the autobahn or any other straight road but on our twisty UK roads it's hopeless. The reaction time is awful and you always ended up blinding the oncoming vehicle. I just left it off which was a bit of a faff as the beam stalk push often defaulted to auto dip. (think it was double push for manual)

b) cornering lights, entertaining for sure and quite odd in use the first few times but hey, how many times are we desperately looking for the apex of the corner under normal circumstances? I tend to look for the white lines in the middle of the road as a guide to what's going on. My wife's Q3 has the fog light job and it's just as good without all the complication. In addition the cornering lights tended to "bounce" or "jitter" occasionally. Might just have been the hard suspension but it was annoying.

Summing up, not a fan of these particular toys but from an aesthetic viewpoint a working inner LED is nice - if it's there why shouldn't it be enabled?. Haven't even checked to see if mine has it yet, but not bothered if it has or not since I'm unlikely to notice when I'm driving.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Definitely interested in hearing if anyone has had any luck yet? For those asking for information/data, would it just need a GTE and someone with a cable/software to download it?

I can see how lights with some mechanical movement (for cornering) would be different units, but why go to the trouble of removing one strip of LED? It would frustrate me if this couldn’t simply be enabled in VCDS!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just to confirm see recent post, my car has come with Lane Assist and Dynamic Light Assist (not cornering light assist) and has inner LEDs activated both white and amber when indicating. which looking at earler posts I wasn't expecting so bonus time!

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
2,064 Posts
Very interesting, any luck?
I linked to the thread I stole the pic from (click the pic)

But..
"***UPDATE***
I have been in touch with friends of mine in Germany who just confirmed that there are two different headlight units depending on whether you ordered your car with or without dynamic light assist. Unfortunately that is not what I wanted to hear. So that's it. I'm stuck with one "L" either side."

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just checked my new GTE and both my blade lights come on so what extra option will it have? Dynamic lighting? How to check?

(Mine was a dealer or cancelled order I picked up so not sure on extras other than keyless & park assist)

·
Registered
284 Posts
If
Just checked my new GTE and both my blade lights come on so what extra option will it have? Dynamic lighting? How to check?

(Mine was a dealer or cancelled order I picked up so not sure on extras other than keyless & park assist)
you go out in dark over 40mph and switch main beam on you should see the blue main beam icon show with a letter A for automatic beam and you will see the main beam moving about especially when a car comes the other way. This is Dynamic Light Assist. NOTE your headlight switch needs to be in the AUTO position as well.

If you also switch your headlights on at night and the car is against a wall you will see the lights do a really fancy dance for about 10 secs to test them - I don’t think the normal LED lights do this, but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,553 Posts
If you also switch your headlights on at night and the car is against a wall you will see the lights do a really fancy dance for about 10 secs to test them - I don’t think the normal LED lights do this, but I may be wrong.
The ordinary LEDs do a self-levelling test when you turn them on.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The ordinary LEDs do a self-levelling test when you turn them on.
Thanks for confirming that, do you just see them moving up and down like cars that have Xenon lights or do the very obviously move side to side as well during the test?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Thanks for confirming that, do you just see them moving up and down like cars that have Xenon lights or do the very obviously move side to side as well during the test?
Just up and down

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've only just caught up on this. Did wonder when I unlocked my new GTE only to see the outer ones flash! I too love the look of both of them both as DRL and indicators. I see the list goes on of completely daft exclusions by VW pushing them as "options" instead! God what's next?

"Would you like the ICE upgrade sir?"

"What does that include?"

"Well without it you have no radio/CD/MP3 player, it is replaced by a cubby hole to hold your shopping receipts"

VW are trying my patience with the 7.5 GTE!

61 - 80 of 88 Posts