Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
F3C384C3-A3F5-459A-B277-83185413E3CD.jpeg
BC4AF105-6AED-44C1-92C6-B03053BDF19F.jpeg
I have the same sort of problem the inner L does glow a little bit but when you turn on indecator it doesnt work?
Golf 7.5 R-Line

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The "L" will switch from DRL to indicator function. It will briefly switch off or darken before running the indicator cycle.

This is to improve visibility of the indicator and it's not a defect. Most VAG cars do this as do a few other marques. Some dim an adjacent DRL instead. There's a regulation on how close a DRL can be to an indicator to reduce confusion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Mate new to the group here just reading the awesome post, so just to confirm i have an VW GTE model 2017 and my inner L shape light is not working did you have to order new headlight or just an extra part which is £310, sounds abit to steep. Thank you in advanced.

View attachment 58537 For anyone else who comes here wondering. The top image is the standard Golf GTE or GTE Advance.

The bottom image is with Dynamic Curve Lighting.
£310 option that then also turns your headlights as you steer around corners.

The same 1 or 2 ‘blade’ illumination affects the indicators too.

£310 is a bit steep for something that is standard on all other Golf GTx models but this really bothers me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The "L" will switch from DRL to indicator function. It will briefly switch off or darken before running the indicator cycle.

This is to improve visibility of the indicator and it's not a defect. Most VAG cars do this as do a few other marques. Some dim an adjacent DRL instead. There's a regulation on how close a DRL can be to an indicator to reduce confusion.
Hi can you confirm if this is an extra feature? I have vw golf mk7 GTE

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,553 Posts
Hi Mate new to the group here just reading the awesome post, so just to confirm i have an VW GTE model 2017 and my inner L shape light is not working did you have to order new headlight or just an extra part which is £310, sounds abit to steep. Thank you in advanced.
The headlights with both Ls are physically different. You would have to buy new now ones and get the car coded. It’s probably not worth it for a minor ‘coolness’ upgrade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The headlights with both Ls are physically different. You would have to buy new now ones and get the car coded. It’s probably not worth it for a minor ‘coolness’ upgrade.
Thank you for the reply Mr Paulus do you know where this can be purchased form accept from the main dealers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Let me clarify, one L means cheapest light package and you cannot activate the second L

2L's and one "eye" means middle LED package which have the assist DCL

2L's and 2 "eyes" means top LED package with DLA and DCL

81 - 88 of 88 Posts