Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Chris D
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I don't know if anyone has a similar to problem to me but any help i can get is appreciated. The problem I have on my GTE advance MK7.5 is the guide and inform connection to my iPhone 7. Basically when I connect to the car to my phone as a hot spot I just get a no data connection error. I have an iPhone 7 running the latest ios11. I had the car into the dealer yesterday who carried out a software update which failed to fix it. The strange thing is it connected to an android phone and it will connect to my iPhone 5c running iOS 9. Has anyone else had similar issues

·
Registered
493 Posts
Its an iOS thing. You have to swipe up the screen on the phone. Press and hold the wifi/bluetooth icon and select hotspot every time you want to use the iPhone hotspot with the car. Quite painful, but does stop you using data without knowing you are doing so.

·
Chris D
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its an iOS thing. You have to swipe up the screen on the phone. Press and hold the wifi/bluetooth icon and select hotspot every time you want to use the iPhone hotspot with the car. Quite painful, but does stop you using data without knowing you are doing so.
hi yes i tried that still no good

1 - 3 of 3 Posts