Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I was reading the GTE maintenance booklet and it says the high voltage battery has warranty till 8 years or 160.000 Km's (86000 miles).
since my GTE is hitting those miles in the upcoming months im wondering. Is it like russian roulette if the highvoltage battery fails on you couple thousand miles after that warranty? I hear prices up to 12k for a battery replacement. of the 50km i get 47/48km on a full charge which is a 4% degradation. are there known figures how long those battery go? or is there something like an check to see if its worth keeping it after warranty?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
160,000 km is 99,400 miles, not 86,000.

The HV battery replacement on my car cost £8k (this was under warranty, due to the 93C9 recall, I did not pay this). I expect you could have the battery rebuilt or repaired for less by experienced technician.

There is a way to check battery State-of-Health but it requires VW dongle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was wondering the same thing...

Will VW check the state of the battery if asked? Do they charge to check the health of the battery? I have noticed that my car only charges up to 28 miles and real world i get around 18 miles from a full charge.

My car is 2016 with 53k miles

·
Registered
56 Posts
Do you run air con all the time. That's worth a couple of miles. The predicted range is also dependent on how you drive previously. If you rag it and then drive the next charge with air con on and it's cold outside.... big drop in range.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was wondering the same thing...

Will VW check the state of the battery if asked? Do they charge to check the health of the battery? I have noticed that my car only charges up to 28 miles and real world i get around 18 miles from a full charge.

My car is 2016 with 53k miles
That sounds good to me. Mines 2018 with 30k and best I've seen is 28 after a full charge. I can get 25 miles on a warm day driving really carefully but if I drive without worrying about range then its 18 to 20 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also find it odd that sometimes it will show fully charged at 28 and other times it will show 27 at full charge.

I wondered if it was worth getting VW to check the health of the battery before the warranty runs out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts