Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. Need some help. The other day the tailboard open sign flashed up on the dash but when I checked it was not open. Now it won't open at all to let me charge the car. Is there anyway I can get this open to let me charge the car. Cheers in advance

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yes, if you are prepared to 'disassemble' your car slightly it's pretty easy to do. Four Torx T10 screws need to come off and it's very easily done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, if you are prepared to 'disassemble' your car slightly it's pretty easy to do. Four Torx T10 screws need to come off and it's very easily done.
Is that the four screws at the top of the front grill?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Yes. You take those off and the front plastic VW badge and trim comes off. Then you can release the lock. The lock can be replaced if failed - I can't recall the part though it has been discussed before on this forum. But for now you can use that to release the lock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. You take those off and the front plastic VW badge and trim comes off. Then you can release the lock. The lock can be replaced if failed - I can't recall the part though it has been discussed before on this forum. But for now you can use that to release the lock.
Brilliant thanks very much for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts