Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a GTE at some point and more concerned about getting the right age/mileage/price then GTE or advance.
That being the case I could end up with an advance but don't particularly want to have the full leather seats. Aside from that what are the practical differences between them?
Bits that I know of that don't sway me:
  • Virtual dash
  • Sunroof
  • Leather seats
  • Bigger screen

Could I swap the seats with someones GTE seats? Would anyone do that?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
Remember vehicle needs to be registered before 1st April 2017 to be exempt from VED and a lot of Advance models registered after this date will be subject to additional £310 for the first five years as purchase price in excess of 40K. I think that you will find that "sunroof" now an £1000 option upon Advance for 2021. Also bear in mind increased battery size for 2020MY onwards.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I do need to bear that in mind. Are all advance models built post 2017 over 40k? That would make my mind up for me.
Maybe I didn't explain right, I'm not bothered about a glass roof or any of the other upgrades I listed. Also would prefer the alcantara seats from the base GTE.

Looks like I need to avoid the advance models as looking to get as young a car as possible to retain some factory warranty. So a 18/19 GTE with up to 50k miles. Budget in the 22-23k region. Lower if possible.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi.
I ended up with an advance '18 plate with 32k miles, so still under warranty, until March 2021. The factory fitted towball swung it for me on the car. I must admit, I only wanted an Advance version for the toys! I do pay a fortune in VED, but with so little spent on fuel, it doesn't bother me. Couldn't live without the 360 degree camera, and that full length glass roof is heaven !

·
Registered
VW Passat GTE
676 Posts
Yes I do need to bear that in mind. Are all advance models built post 2017 over 40k? That would make my mind up for me.
Depends. All GTE Advance estates are over £40k. I think the GTE Advance saloon with zero extras is just under £40k. I was only looking at estates, and nothing about the Advance made it worth paying the higher rate VED. But I'm possibly in the minority, I don't like keyless entry or the active info display that you get on the Advance, so it would have been an incredibly hard sell to me even without the VED increase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts