Discussion Starter #142
Looks legit.
Photo matches all thier other adverts.
Phone points to seller.

The actual company.... Less legit IMHO

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Quite likely to be one of the ones on here that had all sorts of problems and got rejected by the buyer and sent back to auction unfixed...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Amperas with high mileage (over 100,000 miles) often appear at much lower asking prices. It would be interesting to know what level of main battery degradation has occurred at this mileage.
How about this one - currently on auction!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Amperas with high mileage (over 100,000 miles) often appear at much lower asking prices. It would be interesting to know what level of main battery degradation has occurred at this mileage.
Probably no visible degradation. Our Volt is now at 110k miles and still happily does 40 miles to a charge. That's the benefit of thermal management, and only allowing 10kWh to be used out of the 16kWh battery; less degradation due to not using the top and bottom of the capacity, plus any degradation can be hidden away.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Wasn't there one on that US forum, with over 400k miles and few faults? I think it had disappeared last time I looked, though maybe I was dreaming!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Speaking of 4 figure prices, there's a lovely looking Volt in the Midlands for just under 9 grand, only 10,000 miles of warranty left. I'd love that but as usual it's a fair way off and I'm not gonna get a chance to view it. At the other end of the scale RJ Symons seem to be snapping them all up irrespective of mileage, model, age, and trying to get 15 grand for them. 15 grand for a car that will become worth half that within a year? Not for me, bye.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I think now that EV's and hybrids of all types including the "self charging" ones are being so heavily advertised, people are now waking up in a way that never happened in 2012 when the Ampera was "European Car of the Year"!
Quite a few dealers are now waking up and profiting from getting in to the market.
It certainly does help the resale of my 55,000 mile Amp when a second hand M3 with tow bar becomes available in a year or two.:cool:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I think now that EV's and hybrids of all types including the "self charging" ones are being so heavily advertised, people are now waking up in a way that never happened in 2012 when the Ampera was "European Car of the Year"!
Quite a few dealers are now waking up and profiting from getting in to the market.
It certainly does help the resale of my 55,000 mile Amp when a second hand M3 with tow bar becomes available in a year or two.:cool:
Precisely my thinking, though not overly worried about the tow bar. Actually I'd flog my Volt now if someone offered me £15k!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have noticed while looking at a couple of the lower priced examples on the web, that some have an apparent slight deformation of the sills under the front doors. Am wondering - is this one of those cars prone to idiots who can't place the Jack in the correct location? Could be a point worth checking when browsing as could mean a poorly looked after car and there could be further damage to the footwells.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I don't see the price halving in a year, rather, it's going to edge slowly downwards, probably flattening off at maybe 7k ish. After all, 2nd hand iMievs are going for around 5k for a while now! And the Amp's a far more capable car.

The new Ioniq looks like a decent replacement EV to me, assuming Hyundai can extract a digit & make them in decent qty, and that may push some Amps onto the 2nd hand market. I'm hoping to get one of these, but will be keeping the Amp as well. As more of the general public start trying out BEVs, a fair proportion of them will have a few wobblies about making such a jump, and many (just like me!) will look for a compromise car with built-in Plan B, so I can see a steady market for Amps. The excellent EV range will help a bit, compared to e.g. 2nd hand Ioniq Hybrid etc. Especially as Old Sparky did close on 1/2 a million miles without too much bother...

It's going to be a while before the 40-60 kWh EVs get to the 2nd hand market in large numbers and at <10k prices; when that happens, the Amps will defo be under pressure.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I don't see the price halving in a year, rather, it's going to edge slowly downwards, probably flattening off at maybe 7k ish. After all, 2nd hand iMievs are going for around 5k for a while now! And the Amp's a far more capable car.

The new Ioniq looks like a decent replacement EV to me, assuming Hyundai can extract a digit & make them in decent qty, and that may push some Amps onto the 2nd hand market. I'm hoping to get one of these, but will be keeping the Amp as well. As more of the general public start trying out BEVs, a fair proportion of them will have a few wobblies about making such a jump, and many (just like me!) will look for a compromise car with built-in Plan B, so I can see a steady market for Amps. The excellent EV range will help a bit, compared to e.g. 2nd hand Ioniq Hybrid etc. Especially as Old Sparky did close on 1/2 a million miles without too much bother...

It's going to be a while before the 40-60 kWh EVs get to the 2nd hand market in large numbers and at <10k prices; when that happens, the Amps will defo be under pressure.
I completely agree with this. Though even a 40kWh BEV is comprised compared to the Amp/Volt, at least until the charging network is a hundred times better. Having the engine as backup is the biggest comfort blanket/safety net you can get!

The only car that would replace our two Volts would be a Model 3. Maybe in 2 or 3 years, when the first ones come off lease and onto the secondhand market. Then my kids can inherit the Volts.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Have noticed while looking at a couple of the lower priced examples on the web, that some have an apparent slight deformation of the sills under the front doors. Am wondering - is this one of those cars prone to idiots who can't place the Jack in the correct location? Could be a point worth checking when browsing as could mean a poorly looked after car and there could be further damage to the footwells.
The skirt is very low, but thry haven't lowered the jack points.
Meaning as the car is jacked up on a standard jack the angle cuts into the skirt.
My mechenic uses a gas bag type jack or a hydrolic lift so i only discovered this issue when a 3rd party came to change my tyres.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
I seem to have lost the ability to edit posts... Test

141 - 160 of 160 Posts