Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Gumtree - Nissan Leaf for sale - £6200

3K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  Darren Griffin 
I am starting to get worried Kevin... only January too.

I reckon prices will rally as the year goes on... (he says... not believing a word but desperately trying to look confident!) :(

Unfortunately the lower the prices go the more we will have to hold onto our Mk1 Leaf. By the time the Tesla Model E (or whatever they call it) is launched we will probably just take out the battery for solar storage and scrap the car! :eek:

It's pretty damned disgusting and pretty damned awful if you ask me... ;)

Not only are we losing so much money on our EVs but I am getting even closer to coughing up on a bet I had with Mr Kevin Sharpe that we wouldn't see a Nissan Leaf in normal condition for age at under £5000 in 2014... humph!

I think that a car can go up for sale at any price... it is what it actually sells for that determines its value.

I don't disagree about WBAC. They are a joke and their prices are not representative.

However, a few years back I was trading in a 4 year old Nissan X-Trail and we got several quotes from dealers for a trade-in price. The price of the new car was similar across the dealers too so I suspect that the trade-in price was pretty much what we could get. For a laugh I thought I'd get a quote from WBAC... they were well above the trade-in price! I checked with the dealer that the cash price would be the same and then sold the X-Trail to WBAC and was well up on the deal overall.

I am sure this was a complete on-off and that has not changed my opinion of WBAC which is pretty much what most people think. However, it did show me that sometimes, just sometimes, it can happen that they are a good option!

Scary isn't it :)

I cant see a Leaf hitting 5K this year unless its in a bad way or has done spaceship miles and the battery is missing bars.
I am feeling better about my bet with @Kevin Sharpe all the time ;)

Reactions: knoxie
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.