Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my GWIZ second hand recently but with new batteries. the battery water level light flashes
even though I topped up with water recently - any ideas here ?
Also the car did not come with the top up lead (had to borrow one from a friend) I know it should have done but at the moment the seller hasn't delivered on his promise to post it to me...yet - anyone got a spare (unlikely) or is there a way to fabricate one from some hoze and a cycle pump nozzle ?
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
So did you resolve your top up issue ? may have suspected sensor on battery 5 may not be seated correctly specially if just changed and they were in a rush.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfortunately, I had the same problem with mine. After new batteries were installed, the water level light kept on flashing. I complained many times. I was told they overfilled the batteries and it'll settle down, then they said it the sensor. After a month my lovely and trouble free Gwiz lost power and the battery installer ignored my emails because he went bankrupt.
I had nothing to lose, I accessed the battery compartment. To my disgust the top up tube wasn't connected and the brand new batteries were destroyed. I cried. Then reinstalled the old batteries. That was about a year ago and still going well, but the range is now only 10 miles - enough for my needs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow that was a real kicker. I have done 2 battery changes on wiz, its not hard just a lot of heavy lifting. the only thing i forgot to do was to zero the reading on the controller to show a change of battery. Doesn't stop you getting the data just doesn't allow you to see how many cycles your new batteries have gone through. I am coming up on 4 years with latest pack so will be having to do again soon (hopefully in hotter weather). I find the costs about £1k per pack and with scrapping the last set got £132 for them which eases the pain a bit. Its costs about £40 to fill the tank on my parents fiesta so its about 25 tanks worth which seems a good deal. I think with EVs you have to be prepared to do some of the work yourself. There is very little to go wrong I have found it to be easiest vehicle to maintain. Just worried about how long the spares will be available as its a shrinking market.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts