Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
Can anyone tell me the difference between the gx3 h and gx3 h plus ?
Is there any ?
Can't even find the specs for it online.....
Cheers !

·
Registered
477 Posts
You don't say if you're looking new or secondhand - I don't know if they even do those models now. Anyway it varies over the years, but the main difference in the earlier models is that the 'Plus' had electric heating so you can precondition the car

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't say if you're looking new or secondhand - I don't know if they even do those models now. Anyway it varies over the years, but the main difference in the earlier models is that the 'Plus' had electric heating so you can precondition the car
Wow ! Really ?
O just opened the v5 and it says gx3 H plus on it but I don't even know if it does have the electric heater ?
It's MY 2016.
How do I find it ? Lol

·
Registered
477 Posts
Try setting the preheating timer via the head unit. You can also see if you've got WiFi on the car by looking for a hotspot called 'Remote' followed by some digits. That would mean that you can use the app and set it remotely (but not that far away as the range isn't that good)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks TnB.
Unfortunately no such options in head unit.
Don't even have LCD display. Just radio CD unit and heating below. I guess unlucky on this .
Wish I did some proper research before purchase.....

·
Registered
477 Posts
So many EVs seem to have the wrong variants on their V5 for some reason. At least it seems to be the case with Zoes and PHEVs, which are the only 2 I've researched. And so many garages don't understand the nuances of the different trim levels. When we bought ours secondhand a couple of years ago, preconditioning was our top priority and it was fairly easy - everything bar the 'basic' Gx3h had it. But at that time, most of the secondhand cars were the base model so it was tricky finding what we wanted and many of them were listed wrong. And even then we were 'misinformed' (aka 'lied to') by a salesman about the warranty on our 2015 64-plate :mad:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am with you on that.
Disgraceful to make mistake on v5 big time.
Still don't know after having a thing for a month now what the plus means at all. Some say that plus had electric heater but mine doesn't so no idea. And garages are absolutely rubbish!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2016 GX3h+. I had a 2015 GX3h as a company car, and when circumstances resulted in me having to buy a car, I knew I wanted an Outlander PHEV with the electric heater to enable better short range fuel economy. The only obvious difference I found was the heated seats - the + has them, the base doesn't. The electric heater works when the internal set temperature and external temperature difference is less than about 10 degrees. Over that the engine kicks in. In terms of pre-heating, the only way is via the phone app. I haven't got this working as the car needs the security update, and they few dealers near me are all closed at the moment. As I replaced the head unit last year with an Android unit, my plan is to put the phone app on that. I am not certain, but it may be the case that only GX3h+ and above have the wifi module. I didn't realise I had the module until I found the wifi details in the car handbook, and then discovered the SSID had been changed. This accounted for the strong wifi signal in the car with the odd name.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi PudUk.
Thanks very much.
Really hard to find any info regarding the difference between normal and 3+ version.
Yes it does have heated seats so good little option there but did you say that it does have the electric heater ? It doesn't have the touch screen on it like others suggest to use to set the heating on so still not sure on that . WiFi does exist but since I had a security update my old said and password doesn't work so need to call garage and ask for it. Did try Mitsubishi UK but they said that only garage that done the security update will have those details for me.
It's a good car but has its flaws like any other I guess. Range is poor on electric but this is hybrid so designed in different way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think you may find you do have the +. Getting the phone app to work will convince you, but I noticed the difference between the base and + when it came to normal driving situations. For example, I've just moved the car for the bin men, and the engine didn't start. In the base model it would have, as it can't heat the car without it. As you say, it's not perfect, but it's a good compromise. I effectively had a 4.5 year test drive before I bought one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Puduk.
No it's perfectly ok to go on electric only for 20 miles no problems at all. As long as you keep the acceleration pedal really low and go gently on it keeping within Lower green eco area then the ICE doesn't kick in at all. I got it up to 80 in electric mode no problems. Engine kicks in at 82 :)
And when you start and boot it like say when you joining the motorway then the ICE will also kick in straight away.

Now I am trying to figure out the save and charge mode difference to get as many miles from this heavy lump as I possibly can.
Thanks.
Take care.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts