Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Zoe Devotee
9,172 Posts
Looks good.

Just the rear side and back window? What tint level?

I'm hoping to get mine done soon, but all depends on this corona pish.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,172 Posts
Yes, 15%. From what they tell me, that's pretty much what level manufacturers use.
Excellent. (y)

The Zoe came with a very light tint on front side windows which removed a lot of glare.... was going to ask if this can be done aftermarket.

One thing I have noticed with no tinting in the back of the car that cars following behind at night are blinding.... tints make a noticeable different?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent. (y)

The Zoe came with a very light tint on front side windows which removed a lot of glare.... was going to ask if this can be done aftermarket.

One thing I have noticed with no tinting in the back of the car that cars following behind at night are blinding.... tints make a noticeable different?
Agree, came from a car that had factory tints and didn't like not having them.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm hoping to get mine done soon, but all depends on this corona pish.
I think this Corona "Pish" has killed thousands of people around the world and nearly 200 in the UK before it even gets started.

The Goverment isn't taking the steps it is to protect us because it thinks it is a fun thing to do.

Not taken very seriously, COVID19 can potentially wipe out the elder generation and kill all those with existing medical issues.

The closing of all places of public gatherings and paying 80% of employee salaries is a massive step for the Government to take. They must be very worried that we are ignoring the "Pish"

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Yes, 15%. From what they tell me, that's pretty much what level manufacturers use.
I am of the same understanding.
15% is regarded as the normal factory state of tint.
I have it on my "Wish List" but it's on hold at the moment.
I think we will be seeing a LOT more vehicles with MUCH darker tinted windows before we see the back of this virus.
Better to stay safe, then sorry !.
Take good care friends.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am of the same understanding.
15% is regarded as the normal factory state of tint.
I have it on my "Wish List" but it's on hold at the moment.
I think we will be seeing a LOT more vehicles with MUCH darker tinted windows before we see the back of this virus.
Better to stay safe, then sorry !.
Take good care friends.
This is what I was told. I compared it to my audi a4 and it looks about the same.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Looks good! 👍

Being boring, don't forget that the UK law is that the front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows 70%. In the West Mercia Police area the traffic police carry measuring devices and use them to aggravate the local youth, sorry, I meant enforce the law. :rolleyes: Strangely they don't worry about old people with tinted glasses or cyclists with headphones, but those are other targets, sorry, subjects.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good! 👍

Being boring, don't forget that the UK law is that the front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows 70%. In the West Mercia Police area the traffic police carry measuring devices and use them to aggravate the local youth, sorry, I meant enforce the law. :rolleyes: Strangely they don't worry about old people with tinted glasses or cyclists with headphones, but those are other targets, sorry, subjects.
Only did the rear windows for this exact reason.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I got my MGs windows tinted by the dealer when the car arrived from China.its quite a dark tint as you can hardly see inside when looking from outside.The back window and the rear side windows.the.dealer rang me up and said the firm that does it was coming down to do a couple more MGs and did I want mine doing when he told me the price,£190. I snatched his hand off as the original price was £250.They make the car look really smart.The main reason for having them done was to keep the interior cool for our two jack Russel's in the warmer weather.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
That's a good price. Did they remove all of the interior door trim and that around the rear quarter windows?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I paid 140 and that included a valet (that I didn't ask for) which I thought was good value. It took 5 hours to do and he did have to take the inner panels off. You really can't tell its an aftermarket job.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,172 Posts
I think this Corona "Pish" has killed thousands of people around the world and nearly 200 in the UK before it even gets started.

The Goverment isn't taking the steps it is to protect us because it thinks it is a fun thing to do.

Not taken very seriously, COVID19 can potentially wipe out the elder generation and kill all those with existing medical issues.

The closing of all places of public gatherings and paying 80% of employee salaries is a massive step for the Government to take. They must be very worried that we are ignoring the "Pish"
I think maybe you misunderstood the use of the word "pish" which is Scotland which can mean not good. I.e. This weather is pish! I doesn't mean its unbelievable. So I'll put your rant down to regional misunderstanding. ;)

IMHO the Govt isn't doing nearly enough. :eek: We should have police and military out on streets ensuring that fannies are not just out because they can't be arsed staying in. I'm classed as a key worker so I'm at work because I need to be (I would be much more happy if I could stay home too, and I think that may come in the next couple of days, and I will stay home - not wander aimlessly round shops). But I see lots of folk out for what appears to be little more than a jolly and an opportunity to buy even more fresh chicken, pasta and bog roll. All things I've not seen on shelves for nearly 2 weeks. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Neilew

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think maybe you misunderstood the use of the word "pish" which is Scotland which can mean not good. I.e. This weather is pish! I doesn't mean its unbelievable. So I'll put your rant down to regional misunderstanding. ;)

IMHO the Govt isn't doing nearly enough. :eek: We should have police and military out on streets ensuring that fannies are not just out because they can't be arsed staying in. I'm classed as a key worker so I'm at work because I need to be (I would be much more happy if I could stay home too, and I think that may come in the next couple of days, and I will stay home - not wander aimlessly round shops). But I see lots of folk out for what appears to be little more than a jolly and an opportunity to buy even more fresh chicken, pasta and bog roll. All things I've not seen on shelves for nearly 2 weeks. 🤷‍♂️
Thanks. My Scottish is probably not as good as your English 😟

1 - 16 of 16 Posts