Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to my local Halfords to get a price on fitting a new head unit to my eNV200 and the manager said 'we won't touch EVs'. This despite another engineer in the same store telling me it would be fine, and another branch not raising it as an issue.
Anyone else had this? Am I now destined to have to fit it myself?

·
Registered
2016 Nissan LEAF SL
1,083 Posts
Depending on what setup you have in your eNV200 it may not be a good idea to replace the head unit. You could be losing features like charge and climate timers, as well as climate controls altogether.

I believe its the same issue as it is in the LEAF. The only one you could really replace and not lose ant functionality was in the Visia trim level. The higher spec models you can't really install an aftermarket system.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
It's only an issue if you have the Nissan Tekna head unit. Most ENVs don't have it and I'd never buy one with it. It's awful. Android head unit for £200 is fantastic, you can even make it work with the steering wheel controls!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's only an issue if you have the Nissan Tekna head unit. Most ENVs don't have it and I'd never buy one with it. It's awful. Android head unit for £200 is fantastic, you can even make it work with the steering wheel controls!
How did you fit it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts