Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
Leaf 40
997 Posts
It's not so much having one at a petrol station, it's more the actual location. It's not a major through route for Farnborough, of all the places there that I'd have though suitable, close to main through routes etc, this is not one of 'em!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Official locations and info from HCC ...
The more detailed Hampshire locations are as follows:

Ringwood – ‘The Furlong’ Car park – just of A31

Romsey – Romsey Rapids Leisure Centre Car Park

Andover – Texaco Service Station, Chorlton Road

Farnborough – ESSO Petrol Station, Bridge Road

Fareham – Civic Way North Car Park (nr to town centre)

They are APT AC / DC rapid chargepoints, with 3x connector types.

Exact price / tariff I will have to get back to you on, because our recent change of back office provider has reopened this discussion. Two things I can tell you a) it wont be free b) the terms of our relationship with SSE state that it will have to be reasonable in line with existing market rates.

They will indeed be operated by RFID cards.
So it looks like CPS are providing back office for SSE on behalf of Hampshire County Council. (As it appears they do for Ecotricity for Electric Highway).

"Existing market rates" is interesting. What is the existing market today? A bunch of free Nissan and Ecotricity units that are free, a group of ChargeMaster rapid units that as far as I can tell aren't being used at all, and some CYC units with fairly variable pricing?

Place your bets....

One thing I did wonder... As they are Council units we should be able to get all of the cost and usage data with a Freedom of Information Request?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Keep in mind all these council Rapud chargers are Pay As You go as a condition of the OLEV funding

·
http://ts.la/david3488
697 Posts
Andover coming online in the next couple of weeks will save me a trip round the m4/m5 to get to cornwall :)
I hope it does

·
Registered
Tesla Model S, Ford Transit Flt Bed (Smiths), Mitsubishi i-MiEV, Vectrix VX-1, Aixam Mega City
225 Posts
I am utterly flabbergasted at the siting decision of the Romsey Rapids and Farnborough RCs. Both are only a couple of miles from existing ecotricity ones! In fact, now there will be 5 RC's (Rownhams x 2, Romsey, West Way and Ikea) all within about 5 miles of each other and practically nothing for the whole of the rest of the county! Surely there mast be some council-owned property with suitable power attached in close proximity to the major trunk roads throughout the county? What an absolutely disgraceful waste of sorely needed RC funding! Even the Andover one os a 2 mile diversion of the A303.

I shall be writing to OLEV and the witless morons at the council to make it clear how irritated and disappointed I am. I suggest you all do the same. Still, if they were intelligent, they would be earning a fortune in the CIty, I suppose!

·
Ampera aka IGOR
Tesla Model 3 P
3,992 Posts
At Kinross there is a CYC rapid at the Park & Ride and within half a mile there is an Ecotricity at Turfhills Service station. Only benefit I can see is that when charging comes to this neck of the woods that there will be a choice. Pity I can't use either of them.

21 - 40 of 203 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.