Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
MG ZS EV Exclusive
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been intermittently studying the handbook since taking delivery of my Exclusive on Lockdown day, 23 March,
Yesterday I looked through the handbook to familiarise myself with the charging procedure. Imagine my surprise when two of the pages fell out. As I tried to sellotape the pages back into the book another two pages fell out! It appears that the pages are not securely fastened to the book's spine.
I can't imagine what either the dealer or MG would say if I asked them to do a warranty claim on the handbook!
Have any other members experienced this?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well it is an MG :D. But seriously use the PDF instead. Most cars don't come with a paper handbook these days. Mine is just an App, and fairly useless.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also use a pdf format. If you need a particular page you can print it in a size that is sensible. The MG handbook is a bit bit like a large postage stamp sized brick.
As with most handbooks and user manuals the binding is at the lower end of the production cost scale. Having said that as "proper" men we look at the instructions as a last resort. :unsure:Pt

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,172 Posts
Yesterday I looked through the handbook to familiarise myself with the charging procedure. Imagine my surprise when two of the pages fell out.
I borrowed my dealers demo model for a 24 hour test before purchase mainly because I wanted to read the manual as I'd heard about the MG's 'quirks'. So I wanted to see if they would put me off buying. I got the car home and put it on charge. Yep, that worked all right. The bongs hadn't been too severe, but the lane assist had been quite annoying. So I went to read the manual and was shocked when the pages started to fall out. I was a bit worried about giving it back to the dealer, but he was OK with it.

The manual should had been printed either A5 or A4. It would be thinner and easier to read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts