Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can see there's a button for the electronic handbrake - but I'm guessing that's kind of redundant because the EV6 automatically engages / disengages the handbrake when you turn the car on and off?

On a downward slope the car does seem to lurch forward a bit when I just press P though..so not sure if it is actually engaging the handbrake.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I can see there's a button for the electronic handbrake - but I'm guessing that's kind of redundant because the EV6 automatically engages / disengages the handbrake when you turn the car on and off?

On a downward slope the car does seem to lurch forward a bit when I just press P though..so not sure if it is actually engaging the handbrake.
No, pressing P on the drive direction selector does not engage the parking brake, only the transmission lock, which should not be relied upon to hold the car on a slope.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, pressing P on the drive direction selector does not engage the parking brake, only the transmission lock, which should not be relied upon to hold the car on a slope.
Even when the car is turned off? That would seem strange, why not set it to auto engage?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is another way, if you wish. After stopping, if you just press the 'Start' button the car will apply both the transmission brake and the parking brake, as well as turning off the car; voila!
Not sure if we're talking cross purposes, but I was talking about turning the car off via the 'EV' (start/stop) button. So you're saying that when the car is switched off (with that button) it does automtaically apply the handbrake/parking brake?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts