Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just checking if anyone else has experienced a weird glitch with the phone lately.
My phone just updated at the weekend to a new version of Android (more change for the sake of change with new shite I never asked for馃槧).
Twice since I've gone to make a phone call and no problem dialling from idrive but the call itself has gone to the phone handset in my pocket and not through the car.
Aside from occasional glitches with Bluetooth hookup ( do not dare take the phone out of range of the car while the phone is hooked up!) the phone has been one of the outstanding features of the car for me so this recent foul up is particularly annoying. I appreciate that this is most likely an android issue and not the cars fault but I need to find a fix asap

Registered
Hi,

Just checking if anyone else has experienced a weird glitch with the phone lately.
My phone just updated at the weekend to a new version of Android (more change for the sake of change with new shite I never asked for馃槧).
Twice since I've gone to make a phone call and no problem dialling from idrive but the call itself has gone to the phone handset in my pocket and not through the car.
Aside from occasional glitches with Bluetooth hookup ( do not dare take the phone out of range of the car while the phone is hooked up!) the phone has been one of the outstanding features of the car for me so this recent foul up is particularly annoying. I appreciate that this is most likely an android issue and not the cars fault but I need to find a fix asap
A few things to try (no guarantees any of this will work!)
  1. Go into the Play store, and check there are no outstanding updates for the BMW app
  2. Make sure the phone is correctly linked to the car's bluetooth connection
  3. Log out & back into the BMW app
  4. Uninstall & re-install the BMW app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts