Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul 30Kwh, 2018
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the header says ( apologies if this thought has been posted elsewhere),
Hands up all those feeling really pleased / smug at being an EV owner TODAY ??
.....and an Octopus customer to boot.
( for info Octopus very kindly refunded the majority of my credit on my account today on first request, no discussion, bless 'em - feeling suitably reassured )

Flock of Black Swans coming in fast and low 🙈

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,354 Posts
EV owner next week when his energy supplier goes bust and he’s put on a 19.7p per kWh tariff…

Coat Event Microphone Official Conversation

Pride comes before a fall and all that!

I drove past a few fuel stations on my way to and from work today, they were all open and no queues? What gives?!

·
Registered
Kia Soul 30Kwh, 2018
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
EV owner next week when his energy supplier goes bust and he’s put on a 19.7p per kWh tariff…

View attachment 150326

I drove past a few fuel stations on my way to and from work today, they were all open and no queues? What gives?!
Yeah, but what pride!! 😂 - even if it's only for one day 😁👍
Absolutely mental down here in Cornwall. All those ICE holidaymakers with long journeys home tomorrow. Another reason for locals to hate 'em 😂

God bless Octopus and their 14/5p deal 😁👍

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

View attachment 150326

Let's see... queueing an hour and a half to get £1.55/l petrol or charging at home while sleeping for £0.2/kWh... Still smug :D

Of course, those who can use their PV panels to charge will be a tad more smug.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,354 Posts
queueing an hour and a half to get £1.55/l petrol...
I admit it must be a special type of fool who does that!

This must be a very regional thing, as I’ve said, no queues in Lincs that I saw today.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
23,073 Posts

View attachment 150326

Sorry, smug solar PV owner here.

Will the sun not rise tomorrow? :)

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I admit it must be a special type of fool who does that!

This must be a very regional thing, as I’ve said, no queues in Lincs that I saw today.
The signs say £1.35, but as other stations run out (such as the local Asda), they believe they can up the price. And you know what? It looks like they can :p

·
Registered
666 Posts
Let's see... queueing an hour and a half to get £1.55/l petrol or charging at home while sleeping for £0.2/kWh... Still smug :D
Of course, those who can use their PV panels to charge will be a tad more smug.
I have a friend who is on my car insurance, and having topped up and balanced with solar today I sent her a text offering the use of it. She phoned from her company van (she gets her employee to drive) saying that they had just been discussing the issue as they had just managed, with difficulty here in Hampshire, to get some diesel and will be keeping topped up as they absolutely rely on mobility.

It was a particularly glorious afternoon so I had my car charging, the slow cooker on, the dehydrator, my electric bike charging, a full tank of very hot water, a quick laundry wash and I still ended up exporting. Can't make a battery work just yet but give it a year or two..

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would have felt somewhat smugger if I had not get caught in a traffic jam this evening trying to get past the Sainsbury’s filling station near my home with all the panic buying pillocks blocking a roundabout. Willing to bet that most of them were topping up a half tank or less.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
31,032 Posts
I had no problem today topping up the half a tank back to full for the car's >1,000 mile range.

I did wonder why there were queues outside petrol stations. I just went to one without a queue! :unsure:

When BEV drivers realise that the shelves are empty of food because there's no diesel available for the delivery trucks, then the realisation might dawn that all is not so brilliant wishing ill of fossil fuels just yet. It is partly why I went with a diesel in the end, because if petrol runs out, well, that's sad for some people, but if diesel runs out it is misery for everyone.

1 - 20 of 257 Posts