Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what is stored on the hard drive apart from the music we may upload?

Is the phone directory stored there or elsewhere?

Is the SatNav Address book stored there or elsewhere?

Are the radio favourites stored there or elsewhere?

Is the hard drive associated with any other module or is it 100% independent, by that I mean if for example the radio unit were changed out would you end up with a new hard drive?

·
Premium Member
11,053 Posts
The maps are on the hard drive and as all Europe covered I guess fairly big.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well learned a bit more now. It seems that if the radio unit is to be replaced (which mine has been) you will loose all of your SatNav Address book and all of the music (MP3) files you may have uploaded. The hard drive is located within the radio unit.

FYI It was replaced to fix a lockup which caused the whole central console to freeze, the only way out is to turn the car off and start again.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I learned the hard way that if you have the "personalised settings" ticked and fill the address book etc. then use the other remote to open the car it seems like all your addresses have been wiped. Same thing if you change the personalised setting to unchecked. My advice is to not use personalised settings on, so all destinations and addresses can appear to both remotes.
If anyone has found away to copy from one to the other I'd love to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts