Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to copy some music to the hard drive and I can't. Has anyone done this?

It will play the music from the USB stick OK but there are no options that I can find to copy the music to the hard drive. When I try to select the HDD as a source is just says insert USB or Aux.

This is very frustrating.

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
I thought you just pressed the REC button when you have the USB, CD/DVD connected?

I had been meaning to test this facility but I've just been so busy! I'll try tonight when I'm also testing the Windows Phone :)

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, that is what you do but I couldn't get up the HDD menu so I hadn't tried. It might be that the HDD menu won't show until you have recorded something to it. If that is so then the program designer needs shooting!

I am recording the music now. When that is completed we shall see what it shows.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK, now I have recorded some music I now have the HDD menu.

As a software developer this is just plain rediculous. If you make any selection that is invalid or inappropriate or out of context then sure you would expect some kind of feedback to inform you. Instead it just ignored my request to select the HDD and asked me to insert a USB or Aux source... which I already had done!

Ah well. I will put it down to a learning experience and I will just have to expect the unexpected with regards to the software.

·
Premium Member
11,448 Posts
I had a usb stick with me so just copied that to hdd.

I was fine that hdd was greyed out until i had copied music to it ;)

Regards

Paul R

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, I have just discussed it with Sally and I think it is exactly because I am a programmer that I couldn't imagine it working any other way.

Also, there is nothing in the instructions to say that it will not display the HDD menu if there is nothing yet recorded.

Just my anal attention to detail working against me I expect.

No harm done except some frustration on my part ;)

Thanks for your help :cool:

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I am a programmer, and loaded mine up by burning re-writable DVD with mp3 s from iTunes -added 2 1/2 disc fulls no trouble. Nothing behaved in any way different to what I would have expected.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had exactly the same issue.

Put my USB stick in, the car starts playing the music, all good so far.
Try to copy the music, and I can't find any option on the USB menu. So I try the HDD menu, but can't even access it. :?
So, maybe it doesn't copy from USB, maybe it only copies from CDs. So I put a CD in.
Still no menu option to copy to the HDD. :x

It wasn't until I came to this board, and read this thread that I found out how it does work. I now have a HDD full of music.

They really should have put an option on the menu somewhere to copy to the HDD. I really did not find this intuitive.

Another Paul.

·
Registered
51 Posts
How fast is the USB->HDD download ? My old Mercedes boasted a large HDD for copying music to but it took so long I lost the will to live and just used my iPhone to stream music from.

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't know really! I set it copying and had some lunch. It was done an hour later when I returned. That was about 8GB worth.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hi, does anybody know if you record a standard music CD to the Ampera Hard Drive what format it records it in, i.e. if its WAV like on the CD I will not be able to record many until the Hard Drive fills up. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
It's in MP3 format on the Ampera hard drive, so you will get oodles of music on it...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts