Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Just got my new Kia e Niro 4 and am interested in getting a new dash cam. I would like it to be hard wired in this time and don't really want to mess with it myself so wondering if anyone had recommendations for companies who would do this. I am happy to travel anywhere within South East to get it done. Appreciate any suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
it is very simple to do once you have located the fuse box they show on u tube how to do this but eny halfords store will do it for you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I hadn't thought of Halfords, but I'm happy to follow a you tube vid. Just want to avoid any trailing wires.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I got a dashcam hard-wired in my previous car at Halfords. It was fine but it took them nearly an hour because they couldn't figure out how to put the A-pillar covering back on. I think just doing it yourself following a YouTube video is the best bet. I mean there's only really 3 steps:
  • Feed the cable from where the dashcam is going to be to the fuse box.
  • Find an appropriate fuse and connect the supplied adapter to it
  • Find an appropriate earth point and connect the earth cable to it.
Granted, that first step can take a while. Definitely get some of those plastic jobbies that allow you to remove coverings without damaging them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts