Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have literally been searching for so long to find solid answers to this question but I cant find any.

1 is it possible to add a active subwoofer and how. (I've seen a video on YouTube but it's German so I didn't understand what was going on haha)
2 is it possible to upgrade the speakers?

I have a completely bog standard 2013 renault zoe expression and just want to enjoy music in my car. :LOL:
Thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
MY15 Q210 and an MY18 R110
320 Posts
Can't add advice on upgrading the speakers but can highly recommend sorting out the sound proofing first.
I always thought the car doors just sounded like the thinnest old tin cans but since I added a load of sound proofing to the inside of the door skin and the inside of the door card things do sound better.
Still looking for a decent cost alternative for Dynamat though.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
431 Posts
DDT4ALL for the r-link 1 MFD does have the settings for subwoofer and Bose system so you should be ok for upgrading to a better sound - I will try find the pinout for the connector at the back of the radio, sure I have it on laptop

·
Registered
527 Posts
Can't add advice on upgrading the speakers but can highly recommend sorting out the sound proofing first.
I always thought the car doors just sounded like the thinnest old tin cans but since I added a load of sound proofing to the inside of the door skin and the inside of the door card things do sound better.
Still looking for a decent cost alternative for Dynamat though.
Check out Dodo matt or Silent Coat on Amazon etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts
Hey guys,
I have literally been searching for so long to find solid answers to this question but I cant find any.

1 is it possible to add a active subwoofer and how. (I've seen a video on YouTube but it's German so I didn't understand what was going on haha)
2 is it possible to upgrade the speakers?

I have a completely bog standard 2013 renault zoe expression and just want to enjoy music in my car. :LOL:
Thanks for the help in advance
I looked into it.

You can replace the door speakers using Clio 4 adaptors and 6.5” speakers. Tweeters on the dash.

Not sure if the mid and tweeters are wired in parallel like the Clio though.

Using an amp with ISO connections like a Vibe Microbox or Pioneer GM-D1004 will give more output.

For the active sub get something with high level speaker inputs and connect the rear speaker wires (either behind the dash or find them before they go through the door grommet.

Biggest headache is getting power from the 12v battery into the cabin and to any large amps.

If you can, then the option is a standalone DSP using the speaker outputs from the head unit (or direct from mobile if your music is in there) then add amps and speakers and sub as you wish. Helix is the best brand for this but Audison do similar items. Real fancy option is DSP amp combo but more pricey.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts