Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting for my delivery date (again). Getting the car on the Black Horse PCP. I'm a little alarmed at the lack of paperwork / confirmation from Black Horse. Previously bought a Nissan on PCP and got quite a lot of paperwork which included confirmation of monthly payments, list of 'rules' including charges etc and the state the car had to be in at the end of the agreement.

So far the documents in my Tesla account have just shown a pretty vague 'invoice'. When you pick up the car, are you given the proper documents? I have phoned Black Horse and they say they can't tell me anything and I have to ask Tesla. However, we all know how impossible it is to ask Tesla anything.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm waiting for my delivery date (again). Getting the car on the Black Horse PCP. I'm a little alarmed at the lack of paperwork / confirmation from Black Horse. Previously bought a Nissan on PCP and got quite a lot of paperwork which included confirmation of monthly payments, list of 'rules' including charges etc and the state the car had to be in at the end of the agreement.

So far the documents in my Tesla account have just shown a pretty vague 'invoice'. When you pick up the car, are you given the proper documents? I have phoned Black Horse and they say they can't tell me anything and I have to ask Tesla. However, we all know how impossible it is to ask Tesla anything.
Not had my final invoice yet but what I have heard, everything is handled digitally when you collect the car. A very quick and swift process compared to normal car dealerships, which like you said.. involved a lot of scanning and paperwork etc.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
You get some documents through the post after you've bought the car (legal requirement I think) but other than that it's all electronic.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You get some documents through the post after you've bought the car (legal requirement I think) but other than that it's all electronic.
So, the documents appear in your tesla.com account? Wouldn't want to drive away with a car without having seen the smallprint first.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So when you say "It's all electronic", what does that mean? There are no documents other than the paper ones that arrive later?

·
Registered
395 Posts
So when you say "It's all electronic", what does that mean? There are no documents other than the paper ones that arrive later?
Yes, you'll sign your documents on a iPad/Tablet when you collect which will then get emailed to you. :)
The finance documents as mentioned will come out to you in the post.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
There's some detail hidden in the source code on the page before delivery, and you'll get an email showing the monthly payments. Other than that you go to pick up the car, they check your ID, play some silly video (I can't even remember what it was only that it was mandatory) and you sign the screen. First bit of paper you see is about a week later.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi
Picked mine up last Thursday. Before then I had received NO paperwork or emails from Black Horse.
At delivery, was given as much time as I wanted to go through the documentation online (via Tablet), and to then sign digitally.
Since then I still have no written docs in my Tesla account, although funnily enough I have juts received a text message from Black Horse asking how they did and the usual survey questions - think I would alos like to see my paperwork available even as pdf

Hope this helps

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi
Picked mine up last Thursday. Before then I had received NO paperwork or emails from Black Horse.
At delivery, was given as much time as I wanted to go through the documentation online (via Tablet), and to then sign digitally.
Since then I still have no written docs in my Tesla account, although funnily enough I have juts received a text message from Black Horse asking how they did and the usual survey questions - think I would alos like to see my paperwork available even as pdf

Hope this helps
Yes that helps thanks. Have you tried going to the Black Horse website and creating an account there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
+1 here - I have a pickup date of next Friday (Text yesterday), and now a Final invoice. That says Black horse need to pay the remaining £47k by tomorrow..

Should I pay the remainder of the deposit, or just do it on the pickup day?

I don't get why they can't send an email with the process spelled out..

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
You have to pay the deposit before pickup. Supposed to be 7 days but with faster payments being so fast they don't really enforce that in the UK.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
+1 here - I have a pickup date of next Friday (Text yesterday), and now a Final invoice. That says Black horse need to pay the remaining £47k by tomorrow..

Should I pay the remainder of the deposit, or just do it on the pickup day?

I don't get why they can't send an email with the process spelled out..
I know, right. Would be so much easier and avoid phonecalls etc if they just had a bullet point list of what happens and when. And something obvious on you account saying "You have paid £x, your deposit is paid in full".

I received a "Final Invoice" email on Saturday, with a copy of the invoice that has been on my account for weeks. The deposit was paid 2 weeks ago, so I've no idea why I suddenly got this email, nor what I'm supposed to do about it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts