Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember the 1st time I sat in my new e-Niro how the dashboard materials (piano black, aluminium bezels) gave me a sensation of quality.

But living in the south of Spain and driving a car of which the inside does its best to emulate a mirror is not an ideal combination. Even with sunglasses on, the glare off the piano black and aluminium is annoying or even downright dangerous. My wife is prone to migraine and the flashes of light off the dashboard are a possible trigger to setting off an episode.

So, I am looking at having all the shiny materials wrapped in a matte black, non reflective vinyl. But I wonder if it'll be successful and how long it'll actually last.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally had it done. They did a good though not perfect job and it took them too long. Moreover, got into some sort of discussion when I came to pick up the car and they had not done the aluminium strip, alleging I never told them to do it. When the aluminium part is the one that's the most annoying, I am pretty sure I told them. More than once. Anyway, we can now safely travel without being dazzled. It's a bit bland looking compared to the original, but I am all for function over form instead of the otther way round.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts