Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Kilowatt Hunter
37 Posts
Anyone know any more on dates for UK deliveries for orders placed now?

I am keen to order one. I have the 5.0 Bullitt edition petrol version already and really happy with it and the dealer experience. Wifey says I have too many cars. Wrangler Rubicon I'm looking at you. I tell her that that if I didn't spend my money on cars then I'd only waste it :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
On the Ford website it says early 2021, when I go into my order page it still states delivery week 23 to 24 so still looking at June Delivery. Expect the dealer I nominated to contact me next week to do some paperwork etc (I have already paid the £1000 deposit). So if you ordered now I think you would still be looking at June delivery...

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 5 AWD
1,232 Posts
I got as far as asking for a quote for my current car when it stated the reg was not recognised! The car has been registered for almost 5 years and the reg is definitely recognised on other sites so I just stopped there.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 5 AWD
1,232 Posts
I got as far as asking for a quote for my current car when it stated the reg was not recognised! The car has been registered for almost 5 years and the reg is definitely recognised on other sites so I just stopped there.
I tried the web site again today and this time it recognised my car. However, for a car that I can probably sell for around 25K they offered 15K. Don’t think I will bother.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I thought that they were not due until June / July unless that has changed from when I originally ordered one (which I have now cancelled).

I had a call from Ford ref my order the other day saying that they were going to honor the price of the car that I had ordered (due to the change in grants, which would have pushed it to £51k) however I had already cancelled my order as I decided to go for the Ioniq 5 instead which would be the same price as the pre-grant change Mustang price at £48k....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought that they were not due until June / July unless that has changed from when I originally ordered one (which I have now cancelled).

I had a call from Ford ref my order the other day saying that they were going to honor the price of the car that I had ordered (due to the change in grants, which would have pushed it to £51k) however I had already cancelled my order as I decided to go for the Ioniq 5 instead which would be the same price as the pre-grant change Mustang price at £48k....
Hi I ordered in March 2 weeks before the grant was withdraw was told delivery would be July. Now it says end of September and they won’t honour the grant so think I’m also going to cancel order.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 5 AWD
1,232 Posts
I was contacted by my local dealer to say they had their first one in the show room and the demo should be with them next week.

Reactions: Benhchap

·
Registered
567 Posts
Had a look at a Red one, 4wd model, boot is lacking in depth, I didn't look to see what was under the shelf, it will take two suitcases so fine for us, plus higher boot shelf helps with the shopping bags.

Car will be ready for Demo rides from Thursday.

Given a couple of reviews were critical of ride and handling, I will definitely be planning a test drive.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Had a look at a Red one, 4wd model, boot is lacking in depth, I didn't look to see what was under the shelf, it will take two suitcases so fine for us, plus higher boot shelf helps with the shopping bags.

Car will be ready for Demo rides from Thursday.

Given a couple of reviews were critical of ride and handling, I will definitely be planning a test drive.
I know what you mean about the boot... we also have an estate but the dogs normally go in there! I felt for the amount of times it would be an issue it was justifiable.

As for handling and ride I too started to worry as already had one on order. However, I drove one at a trade event at the Milbrook Testing facility a couple of weeks ago and put it through a 'testing' drive including the rumble strips and it didn't disappoint.... roll on August!

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 5 AWD
1,232 Posts
I was booked in for a test drive this afternoon. However, when they showed me their paperwork that made me liable for £500 excess of any insurance claim I walked away. Never had that on a test drive vehicle before and I have driven lots of cars on test drives.

·
Registered
12,683 Posts
Saw one of these today at Goodwood, followed me there for a couple of miles. Very nice looking car, and looks a lot better "in the flesh" than it does in some photos. I was tempted when looking to change cars earlier this year, but there seemed to be a fair delay in getting a demonstrator to view, and I did not want to place an order without seeing one first. Not sure why there was such a long delay, but our local Ford dealer were pretty frustrated at not being able to get their hands on one.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.