Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered if any members have gone for the Soul Maxx and what their delivery times might be. I see that Kia have kept the list price under £35k to get the £2500 Government grant - they have also reduced the specifications slightly - no HUD, electric drivers seat adjustment, plus a few other reductions compared to the 1st Edition model. There’s a Kia finance contribution of £1000 at the moment if you go PCP. So on the road around £32k
I’m contemplating a Neptune blue car and can get one in December.
The reviews and feedback I’ve seen so far are very good.
The lane keep assist defaulting to on after a start seems a little irritating for some, but overall not many negatives.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul First Edition
3,223 Posts
I’m really happy with my First Edition. Big improvement on my last EV.

No real negatives about the car. Auto hold defaults to off. LKA defaults to on. Apart from that I can’t really fault it. Around town the suspension is ‘busy’ but works well. It’s a heavy car at 1.8 tonnes. It has a fairly short wheelbase. It’s a high vehicle. I’ve not driven a Kona or eNiro for comparison yet. I like it a lot. If I was buying new I would go for this or possibly the new MGZSLR. Depends on handling of the MG-I wasn’t happy with mine and just how it all works. The Soul has everything at your fingertips. It just works. It charges. The range is amazing. I’m getting 270-280 miles at the moment. I rarely charge to 100% now.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,005 Posts
Does the maxx have front parking sensors or are they still missing? The old soul was fidgety as well.

No mention of auto wipers.

2 way adjustable seats sound a bit poor. Does that mean there's no height adjust?

·
Registered
98 Posts
As well as what was mentioned above I have read that with the Maxx version Kia also dropped the heat pump, replaced the Harman Kardon stereo system for a JBL system with half the power & also removed wireless phone charging.

·
Registered
98 Posts
However the Maxx version does come in red with black roof as a new colour option in the UK , and the all white version is the only version you get without paying extra as all two tone versions are a cost option now.
One thing I did like about the Maxx is the new Kia badges vs the older style badges on the 1st Edition.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As well as what was mentioned above I have read that with the Maxx version Kia also dropped the heat pump, replaced the Harman Kardon stereo system for a JBL system with half the power & also removed wireless phone charging.
Still comes with the 10-speaker Harman/Kardon® Premium Sound System according to the KIA website.

I enquired recently about a factory order and they advised a 30+ week lead time for delivery.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand that March 2022 is the expected delivery at the moment unless a dealer has already ordered speculatively.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does the maxx have front parking sensors or are they still missing? The old soul was fidgety as well.

No mention of auto wipers.
d
2 way adjustable seats sound a bit poor. Does that mean there's no height adjust?
I’ve emailed Kia UK customer service to see if they can provide a definitive specification for the Maxx. My local dealer says it has electrically adjustable drivers seat and the reference to 2-way is for the front passenger seat. Not sure about the other items that have been mentioned. I’ll update when Kia get back to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’ve emailed Kia UK customer service to see if they can provide a definitive specification for the Maxx. My local dealer says it has electrically adjustable drivers seat and the reference to 2-way is for the front passenger seat. Not sure about the other items that have been mentioned. I’ll update when Kia get back to me.
I was out for a test drive today in a 1st Edition, but the dealer did confirm the Maxx doesn’t have a heat pump.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
However the Maxx version does come in red with black roof as a new colour option in the UK , and the all white version is the only version you get without paying extra as all two tone versions are a cost option now.
One thing I did like about the Maxx is the new Kia badges vs the older style badges on the 1st Edition.
Yes, I like the new Kia badges. They are used on the wheel centres to and on the steering wheel apparently. Although I suppose they wouldn’t fit older badges Anywhere.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, I like the new Kia badges. They are used on the wheel centres to and on the steering wheel apparently. Although I suppose they wouldn’t fit older badges Anywhere.
Yeah and the new badges have a nice brushed aluminium finish, look really nice!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice aren’t they? I’ve decided to order mine in Neptune blue. Are you tempted?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah!! Definitely tempted, like it in Snow White Pearl, just waiting on the dealer coming back to me with a price!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah!! Definitely tempted, like it in Snow White Pearl, just waiting on the dealer coming back to me with a price!
Good to hear the test drive went well!

Have you also got an online quote - from carwow etc?

So far I have only got online offers for white - cash £31,495 / PCP £30,495 - so would be interested to hear how these compare with going directly to a dealer.

·
Registered
24 Posts

So far I have only got online offers for white - cash £31,495 / PCP £30,495 - so would be interested to hear how these compare with going directly to a dealer.
I’m looking at a lease, I’ve got a quote from a leasing company, waiting to see if the dealer can get close to it! Online quote is for £290 a month on 1+35

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Those prices look good. The pcp is £4500 off list for the white which is excellent.

1 - 20 of 216 Posts