Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the closure of factories due to Covid 19. I'm trying to work out the potential delays as a result.

I was due to receive in May but I have a feeling it'll be June/July now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Until the curve flattens in France, I would think it would be hard to estimate a potential delivery date.
The factories closed around 17th March. So I would assume you would have to add on a week for each week that they are closed plus another couple to allow them to ramp production up. My best guess anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
According to local media, the e2008 plant in Vigo, Spain has been stockpiling parts in a gefco warehouse close to the factory ready to restart production. They expect to open the factory one week before restrictions end with one day shift only - but this could change depending on government advice.

PSA’s current plan is to furlough 50% of the workforce - the first 50% until August, other 50% till the end of the year due to reduced market demand.

Not sure how this affects prior orders - it’s just a waiting game I guess. Although I’d rather be waiting for it to be built than having just got the car and paying for it to be sat on the drive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
They started the second shift too this week.
My order was: May build, June delivery.
It is now July build, "hopefully end of July delivery".
If nothing else happens.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They started the second shift too this week.
My order was: May build, June delivery.
It is now July build, "hopefully end of July delivery".
If nothing else happens.
Guessing it was for the e208?

My e2008 was scheduled for April build. I doubt I'll get it before July 😣 I can only hope though

·
Registered
29 Posts
Guessing it was for the e208?

My e2008 was scheduled for April build. I doubt I'll get it before July 😣 I can only hope though
No info here either. Peugeot PR on twitter just kept telling me ‘Early Summer’

Enquired direct to Peugeot and they’re “looking into my querie and will get back to me” that was 4 days ago though so not holding out any hope of meaningful progress until the dealerships reopen and I can badger the salesman.

At least Vigo’s been able to open up safely this week, so fingers crossed for some info soon.

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
26,329 Posts
For anyone interested, Slovakia factory opens May 10th hopefully

Sauce
Maybe the cars will be better, then?

It's better for the workers than if they opened forlornly!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts