Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Leaf 40kwh Tekna
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
We are planning our road trip north and were wondering what experience people had at charging at Meadowhall near Sheffield? What chargers have they got, ZAP MAP doesn't seem to know.

Thanks for any help

·
Soul EV & Tesla Model S
241 Posts
Hi. I've used it lots of times. Only 13a normal house sockets so pretty slow. Always clear, never iced as behind intercom/barrier. There are 4/5 so plenty. Hard to find though. Go for the 'oasis' entrance and drive towards the deliveries. You will need to stop and use intercom and give car reg. chargers inncarpark on the right. Hope that helps. Need anything else let me know.

·
2014 Smart ED with 22kW charger
10 Posts
Hi,
We are planning our road trip north and were wondering what experience people had at charging at Meadowhall near Sheffield? What chargers have they got, ZAP MAP doesn't seem to know.

Thanks for any help
I used the Meadowhall chargers for the first time last Wednesday. I would never have found them without the map on Plugshare. As they're slow (13A) chargers it's only really worth it if you plan to stay quite a while. I added a photo or two on Plugshare if you want to see what they look like.

Glenn

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
They're great...if you have the time. They were an early adopter.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Luxury vehicle Plant

Remember, if you do use them, thank Meadowhall on Twitter. They will retweet and hopefully may eventually upgrade some to type 2.

Reactions: Lee Dalton

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
I bumped into a guy from npower recently (he was charging his company ZOE at an ecotricity rapid on the M1 (Woolley edge). He let slip that they had recently won a contract to install a rapid at meadowhall, so may be one day soon.....

Reactions: Brooktop

·
Registered
443 Posts
To be fair the Meadow Hall charge points are Fast or at least normal speed, last time I used them. :D
They also have a Twizy for security patrols.

I don't want them to remove the current points if they install Rapids as I and the electric bikes will not be able to use them. The slow charging (as you call it) is great for the stores as people have top spend more time there.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Think that at least some slow chargers will remain as there's a whole wall dedicated to them in the staff car park. I didn't see any fast type 2 chargers there. I did see the Security Twizy but that was the only other EV charging.

·
Soul EV & Tesla Model S
241 Posts
I have asked Meadowhall twice on facebook if there were considering upgrading to Type 2 sockets. I even pointed them to zerocarbonworld. No response from either times which was disappointing.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Sorry to drag up an old thread. But I'm keen to say thank you to these places that provide charging. Can some tell me how to do it on Twitter? I'm new to it and really don't know what I'm doing. Cheers.

·
2014 Smart ED with 22kW charger
10 Posts
Sorry to drag up an old thread. But I'm keen to say thank you to these places that provide charging. Can some tell me how to do it on Twitter? I'm new to it and really don't know what I'm doing. Cheers.
I guess you're asking how you use Twitter to contact Meadowhall. There's a Twitter tutorial here: https://support.twitter.com/articles/215585-getting-started-with-twitter#

Meadowhall's Twitter address seems to be @LoveMeadowhall

Good idea to express gratitude about charging facilities.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Welcome to the Twittersphere. Quite a few members tweet, so search our handles and follow us.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts