Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I tried out the demonstrator back in April, by copying the actions in this video I could enter Engineering Mode. (Also see this thread on SpeakEV). Now, on my Batch 5 car, I can't. Have Kia changed something or am I doing something wrong? Or, is there some other way of getting into EM?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Perhaps they have changed the sequence of key presses that you need to enter engineering mode (or changed the keys entirely)?
Have you tried a Google search?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... Have you tried a Google search?
Yes. There are several different ways described on Youtube but I can't get any of them to work. As you say, they may have changed the sequence of taps (in fact they've almost certainly done that), I was hoping that someone had discovered what that was.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes. There are several different ways described on Youtube but I can't get any of them to work. As you say, they may have changed the sequence of taps (in fact they've almost certainly done that), I was hoping that someone had discovered what that was.
I wonder if @John Page can tap up his friendly service manager to reveal the tap sequence?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I wonder if @John Page can tap up his friendly service manager to reveal the tap sequence?
Hello again Carol and Doug. Sorry for the delayed reply. I don't use SpeakEV as much these days. There is no need for the service manager's help Carol. I tried a couple of the methods suggested on YouTube and the one on the screensaver screen worked. Being a prudent sort, I didn't go any further than getting into the engineering menu but if you need more information Doug, drop me a line. Best wishes, John.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello again Carol and Doug. Sorry for the delayed reply. I don't use SpeakEV as much these days. There is no need for the service manager's help Carol. I tried a couple of the methods suggested on YouTube and the one on the screensaver screen worked. Being a prudent sort, I didn't go any further than getting into the engineering menu but if you need more information Doug, drop me a line. Best wishes, John.
@John Page - I have a feeling that they changed it on later models. The '7 finger tap' worked first time when I originally tried it on the demonstrator but I could not get it to work at all on mine (Sept delivery). By tapping madly like a woodpecker somewhere towards the top of the info screen I was able to display the password number pad but, whatever combination I entered, couldn't get beyond that. The one setting I'd really like to change is to set auto hold to default to on.

·
Registered
457 Posts
@John Page - I have a feeling that they changed it on later models. The '7 finger tap' worked first time when I originally tried it on the demonstrator but I could not get it to work at all on mine (Sept delivery). By tapping madly like a woodpecker somewhere towards the top of the info screen I was able to display the password number pad but, whatever combination I entered, couldn't get beyond that. The one setting I'd really like to change is to set auto hold to default to on.
Was the displayed time your first attempt at the password?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have got into Engineering Mode this way
but can't find anything any settings I can change. (2 month old car)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How could the clock time be 99:99 ?

You do know that the password is the TIME on the Clock on the display ?
No, it's not - because I tried that. Plus, other videos suggest other combinations for the password, notably 0000 which I also tried without success.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got in by using the time from the clock
I could do that with the early models as well but not with mine which is a September delivery. Hence I'm wondering whether Kia have changed the entry method or my fingers are just failing me now

·
Registered
457 Posts
I could do that with the early models as well but not with mine which is a September delivery. Hence I'm wondering whether Kia have changed the entry method or my fingers are just failing me now
If you think the software might have changed I suggest you compare versions with those on an earlier car. You will find examples on the thread about live services.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My car was delivered late September but from what I can find out its not the latest version of software

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi dougconran, did you have Any luck getting the code? My niro ev is from march 2019 and I would like to change the auto hold so that it's on when you start the car and would have to switch it off if you don't wannna use it. And then I would like to ad dab-radio as well. Have seen it as an on/off obsion in some YouTube videos where em is open.
Peter DK.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi dougconran, did you have Any luck getting the code? My niro ev is from march 2019 and I would like to change the auto hold so that it's on when you start the car and would have to switch it off if you don't wannna use it. And then I would like to ad dab-radio as well. Have seen it as an on/off obsion in some YouTube videos where em is open.
Peter DK.
No, I haven't tried it since my last post but might give it a go again given that I have very little else to do right now :(

·
Registered
187 Posts
Peter DK.
The code should be the time on the screen. So if you get it to prompt you for the code, thats great, because that's where others have failed.

I've an MY20 with the widescreen, so it appears that our procedure is different.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts