·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is guide for 10.25″ too. I will try it tomorrow in my MY20
Not worked :-(

·
Registered
54 Posts
For the 10.25" display in my MY20 Niro PHEV with the new updated software, I can access Dealer Mode using the volume control method described elsewhere, even though the top of the screen actually displays "Engineering mode" when you get the PIN code prompt. Not a lot you can do there except view various settings and readings, you can't actually change anything.

Possibly a different PIN may actually give EM, or maybe activating it from a different screen, I don't know.

I can't get the 6 finger tap to work at all.

I too would also like to activate DAB, as for some reason for the Irish market they deem it unnecessary. (Note we don't really have DAB here, but I travel to the UK a couple of times a year and it would be handy.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
2020 Kia eNiro 4 dealer mode. I tried on my eNiro - works, and my friend confirmed 8" Hyundai Kona MY19.

Anyway I played with this dealer and I forgot set Setup / General / System info / Version info. I was only in the map. Volume 7 / right tuner knob / volume 3 / right tuner knob / volume 1 / right tuner knob ... And I got wrong PIN with "2400" code:) I tried about 100 combinations :) without success .. Note .. Screen with PIN is 2x labeled Enginer mode / Engineering mode.. Maybe this is the way how to obtain engineering mode and only right PIN is missing.

·
Registered
298 Posts
2900 for engineering mode on the Kona - might be worth giving that a try

John.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Follow the instructions to get the password screen up.
Dealer Mode (Diagnostics, Location, Media, Radio, Smart Pure Air Version Info/Update)

Press the Setup button or choose All menus -> Settings
Choose System Info
In a quick sequence set volume using left knob to level 0, then to level 7 and press the right knob, then set volume to level 3 and press the right knob, then set volume to level 1 and press the right knob

Then password 2400 for dealer mode
Or password 0428 for engineering mode.

Simples :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Good find IRadiate. I'd been searching for Engineering mode but unfortunately, this code is just give view access so still can't change anything. The screen shows that the Welcome Message is on so presumably, there is a code that will allow editing of the data.
My biggest pet hate with this car is all the bings, bongs and jingles it makes which I really need to tame.
You get in car and the seat belt warning bongs - yes, I know you can put the belt on but if you are just manoeuvring the car and about to get out again you don't. Most cars wait a certain amount of time after driving off before warning.
Next, you have the jingle...... enough said.
Then you reverse - have to make sure you turn off VSS to avoid disturbing the neighbours since I have the 2020 version with the articulate lorry reverse warning!
Then you drive along the narrow country lanes and LKA has it's say and if you try and drive according to 'Road Craft' it has to be switched off. (I know there is another thread which has covered this last bit in depth!) LKA is one thing that I assume will also need to be on at start-up for the NCAP rating on the car so not expecting to be able to change this.
And then you stop to be entertained(?) by the Good-bye jingle!

Otherwise, great car, great range, great performance, great level of kit but.........

Anyone found a way around things since if I got rid of the jingles life would be so much better!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts