Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Completed after issues/module replacement

Votes: 6 14.0%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
ID.3 1st
302 Posts
New control unit needed, on back order at the factory. Car still drivable, so back with me til the dealer get the part and can book me in.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 1st Edition
86 Posts
Yes, updated completed after 2.5 days on friday 19th — had one day delay due to the VW servers being down on wednesday 17th, clean update from the original factory install 0564->0792. (Listers VW Leamington Spa).

·
Registered
492 Posts
Just to track success versus failure...
Not sure if you can edit the poll, but adding a "Completed after issues/module replacement" may be a good idea. Otherwise everyone will end up at "Yes" eventually (or, hopefully!)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Can you add an option of "Yes, but it seems to have caused issues". My car had no issues on 2.0 but is racking them up on 2.1.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Max
5 Posts
I’ve not voted yet, because the dealer are still fighting it, but so far: 2 failures across 8 days.
Waiting on the next update after VW comes back to the dealer and they try again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, the car was left in at 8am on 18 March and was ready for collection at 12pm on 19 March including the fitting of front and rear mudflaps. Not errors encountered from what I was told and not seeing an issues after the update. No issues noted on 2.0 either.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
61.5% success rate so far... ain’t great is it? :ROFLMAO: Clearly we’ll never know as they’ll remain tight-lipped publicly, but you’d have to imagine VW are tracking this and pretty alarmed?

I wonder how much this is costing them, my dealer said that VW are having to pay the dealer for every day that I use their courtesy car. I’m sure that’s not a huge amount per day, but then what margin does VW make per car sold? Can’t be profitable to have lots of ID.3 owners all driving around in courtesy cars for extended periods...

·
Registered
143 Posts
what about an option for car came
61.5% success rate so far... ain’t great is it? :ROFLMAO: Clearly we’ll never know as they’ll remain tight-lipped publicly, but you’d have to imagine VW are tracking this and pretty alarmed?

I wonder how much this is costing them, my dealer said that VW are having to pay the dealer for every day that I use their courtesy car. I’m sure that’s not a huge amount per day, but then what margin does VW make per car sold? Can’t be profitable to have lots of ID.3 owners all driving around in courtesy cars for extended periods...
Do you think this poll is representative of the complete customer base ? My car came with 2.1 from factory.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
what about an option for car came
Do you think this poll is representative of the complete customer base ? My car came with 2.1 from factory.
I don’t think a forum poll is a scientific sampling, no. But I do think there’s no smoke without fire and nearly half the respondents of this poll so far seems smokey to me!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I haven’t even got my car yet, was due to collect nearly 2 weeks ago, but collection was cancelled on the day. It was delivered to the dealer with V2.0 software and sadly failed the 2.1 update, rendering the car un-drivable. It’s been waiting for a new module ever since, it never even made it onto a British road, but thankfully it was registered so got the government grant.

The dealer did obtain a replacement car, arrived the day the grant was withdrawn, so they couldn’t swap them as the replacement didn’t qualify for the grant.

As things stand, the replacement part may arrive on the 31st, who knows if this will fix the issue.

Im not feeling confident

·
Registered
149 Posts
That brings a question to mind... If you reject a car now, after owning it a few weeks, and ask for a replacement, does that nullify the grant?

·
Registered
149 Posts
In the past, a new comma module has gotten the car fixed and working again.

The problem now seems to be that so many need replacing at the same time, that they just can't get hold of replacements.

Hope the extra German lockdown isn't going to make things worse.

·
Registered
355 Posts
From my understanding the grant is tied to the car at registration. If a new car needed to be ordered it would not qualify if it was over £35K and only attract £2500 if under £35K. The original car and grant wouldn’t really influence it.

That’s the problem my dealer had - found me a new car, but couldn’t get the grant on it, so it was in effect £3K more expensive than the new car I’d ordered.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
From my understanding the grant is tied to the car at registration. If a new car needed to be ordered it would not qualify if it was over £35K and only attract £2500 if under £35K. The original car and grant wouldn’t really influence it.

That’s the problem my dealer had - found me a new car, but couldn’t get the grant on it, so it was in effect £3K more expensive than the new car I’d ordered.
Well this is upsetting. Surely a replacement for a rejected car should be at the same price paid? If the government has changed things in the meantime that isn't the customer's fault. Would be interested to hear what a solicitor would say about that response from your dealer.

Though I suppose the dealer could just say "well, we can't replace then. We'll give you a refund, but you won't be able to afford an ID.3 anymore with that refund money."

I still don't think I will live with a petrol Golf and no ETA on my ID.3 repair forever, but this does put a different spin on how long to wait before rejecting.

·
Registered
355 Posts
That’s why I’m holding on for now. The dealer is doing everything they can to resolve, as I said, they even found an identical car. I think the dealers are in a very difficult position at the moment, they can’t attach the grant to none registered cars and are at the mercy of VW on replacement parts.

I believe the situation also impacts cars on order, so I anticipate lots of very angry customers who’s cars have suddenly jumped by £3K

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, the car was left in at 8am on 18 March and was ready for collection at 12pm on 19 March including the fitting of front and rear mudflaps. Not errors encountered from what I was told and not seeing an issues after the update. No issues noted on 2.0 either.
Any chance you could share a couple of pictures of your car with mudflaps fitted please? (Appreciate it’s off topic so perhaps in a new thread?)....I’ve been trying to decide whether to get them or not but am concerned about the impact on the car design/aesthetics - can’t find any pictures anywhere fitted to an ID.3

Thanks!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I believe the situation also impacts cars on order, so I anticipate lots of very angry customers who’s cars have suddenly jumped by £3K
Thats not quite right - I think it depends on when the car was ordered and when it will delivered. I ordered my ID3 Tour back in November, it'll be ready for collection in a couple of weeks. The dealer confirmed today that I'll be eligible for the £3k grant.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts