• Not yet but it is booked in

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been two months now since I collected my 30kWh Leaf and I was wondering how the TCU upgrades were coming along? (I am still waiting to hear from the dealer asking me to bring it in). I am extremely pleased with the Leaf even though I have never been able to use the remote climate control etc.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It has been two months now since I collected my 30kWh Leaf and I was wondering how the TCU upgrades were coming along? (I am still waiting to hear from the dealer asking me to bring it in). I am extremely pleased with the Leaf even though I have never been able to use the remote climate control etc.
David,

I picked up my 30kWh tekna on tuesday and that appears to have TCU issues so they have not fitted a fixed TCU to my car. I'm trying to get it scheduled in for reset/replacement

I'll let you know how i get on

·
Registered
608 Posts
Phone your dealer and ask for the job to be done. They may not be aware that your car has an issue.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phone your dealer and ask for the job to be done. They may not be aware that your car has an issue.
I first rang them on February 16th and I chased them today. I was told today that I must wait for a letter telling me whether or not my TCU needs replacing.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I first rang them on February 16th and I chased them today. I was told today that I must wait for a letter telling me whether or not my TCU needs replacing.
I phoned my dealer on the day the recall was announced. Initially, they said to wait for a letter as there was no notification on their system. However, after the manager contacted Nissan Customer Services directly for me, they agreed that it needed replaced, booked it in and did the swap a few weeks ago.

If the dealer is being difficult, options would be to phone Customer services or go to another dealer!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I've had the TCU swap procedure attempted twice and each time they knew it hadn't worked before they even finished (I believe the new TCU would not accept the firmware they were trying to load) and they were instructed to put old one back in.

As far as I know I'm waiting for TCU upgrade procedure 3 to be written and then performed on my car. It's all gone a bit quiet though and I haven't heard anything for about 10 days.

I phoned CS today for an update but my case handler wasn't in. Apparently it's in their diary to call me tomorrow but I'll phone them again myself if I haven't heard anything by the early afternoon.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I'm due to collect my new leaf in April.

Will this come with the update or will I need to book it in?
I would expect your new car to be working properly. I think the problem is limited to the first batch of 30kWh Leafs that they built.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts