Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Has your home charge-point ever been used by others?

• Yes, weekly

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Yes, monthly

• Yes, less frequently than monthly

• Once!

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Never!

Votes: 59 86.8%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
My 32A Rolec never visited in appx 4 months. How about adding a vote-counter to the top of this thread? Might need a months-available selection as well if you want to get any kind of meaningful stats.:)

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'd select unknown if available. Mine is in view of a fairly busy road. I regularly see other LEAFs about and parked on the road, they may have hooked up while at work or on holiday. ;-)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Nope, but I'm only 1 1/2 miles from a rapid and fast charger so I suspect people would rather go there instead. Oh, and my chargers broken and Jorro seem to be ignoring me about getting it fixed, so that's not going to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
I must admit, I did not think my charger was even on any list, so unless I told someone, no one would know it exists?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Electricity isn't exactly free. I wouldn't mind if I put a little pot by one for some added money to make up for the £3 used for a full charge on a 30kwh

·
Registered
522 Posts
Presumably this thread is aimed at those who have added their own charge point to zap map etc.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Need a 'dont know' option as I'm away a lot and just leave unit switched on. Although I imagine someone would have posted a note with a pound coin weight if they had used it.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Just had my first phone call about my charger! Thought I was about to get a visitor !! :) Sadly, he'd seen me on zap-map and had me as a backup on his journey from Portsmouth to Essex yesterday. Motorway charger had a prob so he cruised past my house, failing to find me (our numbering system is confusing, I will agree) & departed to some other charger. :(

So not sure if I should update my vote to "Once!" or not! :confused:
Anway, I'll improve my zap-map etc descriptions, and also make it clear I'm not a commercial setup - mentions of availability times seemed to mislead the guy.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Once I get my "vary the advertised current based on solar PV output" working I will put the point on Plugshare for those times I am not parked on the drive. I doubt anyone would use it but there is a Tesla that parks in my road regularly for the driver to use the tube station nearby :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just had my first phone call about my charger! Thought I was about to get a visitor !! :) Sadly, he'd seen me on zap-map and had me as a backup on his journey from Portsmouth to Essex yesterday. Motorway charger had a prob so he cruised past my house, failing to find me (our numbering system is confusing, I will agree) & departed to some other charger. :(

So not sure if I should update my vote to "Once!" or not! :confused:
Anway, I'll improve my zap-map etc descriptions, and also make it clear I'm not a commercial setup - mentions of availability times seemed to mislead the guy.
I think that's classed as a 'once'!

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
... there is a Tesla that parks in my road regularly for the driver to use the tube station nearby :)
Now he could really add to your fuel bill! 9 hours at 7 Amps, 5 days a week, let's see now ... :)

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I think that's classed as a 'once'!
Ta! But I've unwittingly screwed your stats. They were 0 1 0 1 25, & I voted "once", thinking it would know from a cookie what my earlier vote (never) was. I expected to see 0 1 0 2 24 - but no, no memory, so we're now on 0 1 0 2 25 !!
Dunno if you can edit that down to a 24 in the "never" counter? Or maybe we just wait for a "never" voter to turn up and pseudo-vote to fix it!

I realise I should have used "change vote" button - sorry about that! I now need a "retract my vote" button!!

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Of course! Silly me. But that does leave the visitor uncertain as to whether they'll get any charge, or not! But maybe you'll be on hand to adjust the current as needed, maybe in return for charitable donation! :)

·
Registered
943 Posts
Of course! Silly me. But that does leave the visitor uncertain as to whether they'll get any charge, or not! But maybe you'll be on hand to adjust the current as needed, maybe in return for charitable donation! :)
Nah, I'll just say "surplus solar electricity available" but maybe not depending on sunlight.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts